• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

Northshore

I was a non-select....some general background info for other non-selects about me:

-Non-Prior
-3 OIC recommendation letters from O-5 and O-6. All 10s.
-4 civilian recommendation letters from a Manager, Director, CIO and CEO
-Bachelor in Computer Science
-Master in Business with Honors
-Certified in Project Management, Security +, VMWare, Microsoft. too many to list here in short the alphabet soup of I.T.
-Certified in FEMA Incident Management which allows us to be called up for support for any major fires or disasters
-18+ years in Information Technology from engineering to management. Employed in multiple industries such as healthcare, DoD, Fire, Retail, etc.

IWC hopeful

C'mon IP!!!
I was a non-select....some general background info for other non-selects about me:

-Non-Prior
-3 OIC recommendation letters from O-5 and O-6. All 10s.
-4 civilian recommendation letters from a Manager, Director, CIO and CEO
-Bachelor in Computer Science
-Master in Business with Honors
-Certified in Project Management, Security +, VMWare, Microsoft. too many to list here in short the alphabet soup of I.T.
-Certified in FEMA Incident Management which allows us to be called up for support for any major fires or disasters
-18+ years in Information Technology from engineering to management. Employed in multiple industries such as healthcare, DoD, Fire, Retail, etc.
Dang. Sounds like you had a great combination of skills, certs, and recommendations. Just a testament to how tough this selection really is.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Emailed my recruiter on Tuesday, and haven't received a response yet. I'll probably give him a call around midday Thursday.
NRD San Antonio.

gaj29

Got selected.

Does anyone know what the process is from this point? When is the soonest we sign our commissioning docs, get our ID card, etc. etc. etc.

Neil Helfand

Got selected.

Does anyone know what the process is from this point? When is the soonest we sign our commissioning docs, get our ID card, etc. etc. etc.
Congratulations! Obviously can't help you with your question, but can you also share your stats/background, interview scores, etc? Always good to see what they were looking for. Thanks!

gaj29

306 total packages were reviewed.

64 total selections were made, broken down into the following:

1805 (Oceanography): 2
1815 (IW): 7
1825 (IP): 5
1835 (Intel): 50

Non-selects: 242

gaj29

Congratulations! Obviously can't help you with your question, but can you also share your stats/background, interview scores, etc? Always good to see what they were looking for. Thanks!

Prior service Air Force E-4 from many years ago. After leaving the Air Force I used the GI Bill to goto law school and i'm now a lawyer at a law firm in Florida working international law cases in Latin America. Got 10s on the interview, 100% oic endorsement letter. Glad I got in on this board because I was just a year out from the age limit. From what my recruiter told me, lots of qualified people were on this board (way more qualified than I am), but it was my 4 years of prior service as an Air Force enlisted man that differentiated me from the pack.

Last edited:

IWC hopeful

C'mon IP!!!
Prior service Air Force E-4 from many years ago. After leaving the Air Force I used the GI Bill to goto law school and i'm now a lawyer at a law firm in Florida working international law cases in Latin America. Got 10s on the interview, 100% oic endorsement letter. Glad I got in on this board because I was just a year out from the age limit. From what my recruiter told me, lots of qualified people were on this board (way more qualified than I am), but it was my 4 years of prior service as an Air Force enlisted man that differentiated me from the pack.

So you got selected then?

unbroken

Naval officer
So you got selected then?

To be honest, that sounds a little strange. Nothing against the USAF, but the idea that you would be differentiated by virtue of coming from another service over those who were Navy IT/intel enlisted folks seems like wishful thinking (particularly since it has been a long time since you were in the service). I get that in theory it would be good to diversify, but if you look through these boards, the overwhelming majority of selectees are those with signifiant USG and/or USN intel type experience. I wouldn't discount the degree to which your legal background and acumen on Latin America worked in your favor.

Also, do recruiters even see comments on why each individual was selected? My sense is that it was simply names on a list, not a thorough documentation of the pros/cons of each candidate.

bryanteagle6

Got selected.

congrats!
There is a lot of that type on info already in these boards. Look at old IDC FY15 etc threads. I think there is a just got selected.... whats next thread - and a DCOIC thread. Most selects stay on the thread and share their experience with COMMDOCS - commissioning - DCOIC selection and completion because it is still "new" and exciting. I have found that getting information on IW basic school or the NIOBC Integrated Learning Environment (ILE) is more difficult because selectees are farther along in their career and have forgotten about us noobs.. ha. I am very thankful for all the individuals that do continue to contribute to this site. THANK YOU you to the verterans - you know who you are! I plan to help out as well if I get the chance to serve. That is why i stayed on this thread even though I didn't sit on this board.
also - your recruiter is suppose to walk you through these next few steps - ask him/her