• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

exNavyOffRec

I

I had two interviews including 1 panel of 2 Officers , I think the OR will keep the best 2.

If a interview appraisal is written it is supposed to be submitted. The OIC that would do the panel interviews for the region I was in would often start with something like "Mr. XXX was interviewed by LCDR A, LT B, and myself for designator Y, that makes it hard for a recruiter to ditch a interview appraisal, but really it is the OIC who holds the most weight.

If a interview appraisal is written it is supposed to be submitted. The OIC that would do the panel interviews for the region I was in would often start with something like "Mr. XXX was interviewed by LCDR A, LT B, and myself for designator Y, that makes it hard for a recruiter to ditch a interview appraisal, but really it is the OIC who holds the most weight.
Spot on, that's how it was written. She/OR may have submitted. Luckily, I received 10 on both. Great to know that OIC interview weigh most:).

Spot on, that's how it was written. She/OR may have submitted. Luckily, I received 10 on both. Great to know that OIC interview weigh most:).
Spot on, that's how it was written. She/OR may have submitted. Luckily, I received 10 on both. Great to know that OIC interview weigh most:)..Also curious to know how they weigh candidates. For an instance Computer Science 20% of the weight, Electrical Engineering 18%, so on ...recommendation from RADM 10%, or Captain 8%, Federal Scientist/Engineer 10%, Lawyer 9% Vs Private sector Engineer 8%, /Prior Armed Forces/Service Academy 15% etc. I guess #1.Education/Degrees 2. Service background (related armed forces career) 3. Current/previous profession (related career) 4. Motivational Statement 5. OIC Interview 7. Recommendation . 8. interviews Any thoughts? I asked the same questions earlier on this thread.:D

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I asked the same questions earlier on this thread.:D
I answered it!

I truly think it is a "whole person" and "best fit" concept. You can't game the system.

If you have seemingly perfect qualifications all around, 4.0 lifetime GPA, PhD in STEM, prior service, etc. but your current supervisor's reference letter says you need to "check your ego and not berate coworkers" or something, the IWC Board probably won't select you. They look at everything.

I answered it!

I truly think it is a "whole person" and "best fit" concept. You can't game the system.

If you have seemingly perfect qualifications all around, 4.0 lifetime GPA, PhD in STEM, prior service, etc. but your current supervisor's reference letter says you need to "check your ego and not berate coworkers" or something, the IWC Board probably won't select you. They look at everything.
Agreed, make sense.

rjsj38

I was under the impression that only 2 appraisals had to be submitted (one from each interview). If your 9 was from the 2 person panel, it can/should be omitted from the final package. My scores were 10/9 and 10.

The number of appraisals submitted can be a minimum of two or a maximum of three. If your recruiter submitted all three, then all three will be reviewed by the board. Unless your recruiter specifically pulled that 9 from your package, it will be reviewed. They don't only view the best two, that would defeat the purpose of the board and if anything, they'll review the lower score first to see what was written.

Any update on the number of candidates applied or how many would be selected/recommended? Somewhere I read, FY15 had surplus of officer. I think, thats another reason they are currently doing 1 dco/Year.

Northshore

For what it's worth....I received three letters of recommendation from OIC panel interviews. Each from an O-4, O-5 and O-6 Officer. I was told I received tens across the board. Given, I'm a non-prior so I'm not familiar with how each part of the kit is weighted. IE: Degrees, Certificates, Civilian Recommendation Letters, etc.

OIC interview is the last one, I guess. The others interviewers send their appraisals to IDC region OIC. Then OIC provides a confidence % (95% confidence, for instance) based on the interview. He/she sends a separate appraisal. In my case, I had to get it because I think, it was a major hit on my package at CNRC. I submitted my papers on 17 Dec. I got the news about the major hit on 1 Jan. Then interviewed with the OIC on 5 Jan. Same day the document was uploaded on the system and I have been told that I am proboard by the OR. Thats my experience.

exNavyOffRec

OIC interview is the last one, I guess. The others interviewers send their appraisals to IDC region OIC. Then OIC provides a confidence % (95% confidence, for instance) based on the interview. He/she sends a separate appraisal. In my case, I had to get it because I think, it was a major hit on my package at CNRC. I submitted my papers on 17 Dec. I got the news about the major hit on 1 Jan. Then interviewed with the OIC on 5 Jan. Same day the document was uploaded on the system and I have been told that I am proboard by the OR. Thats my experience.

Many do the OIC at the same time, the panel interview will include the OIC, it can vary depending on schedules and such

The number of appraisals submitted can be a minimum of two or a maximum of three. If your recruiter submitted all three, then all three will be reviewed by the board. Unless your recruiter specifically pulled that 9 from your package, it will be reviewed. They don't only view the best two, that would defeat the purpose of the board and if anything, they'll review the lower score first to see what was written.
Welcome! Are you a candidate too?