• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

OperationChungus

pilot
Here I am just wanting to fly helicopters regardless lol

Why not go Army Warrant? Waaaay more flight hours compared to O-Grade. My West Point and ROTC friends pilot friends have told me that they’d rather be a Warrant because of the amount of flying they get to do. And lack of paperwork they file.

Scimitarze

Automated Member
Why not go Army Warrant? Waaaay more flight hours compared to O-Grade. My West Point and ROTC friends pilot friends have told me that they’d rather be a Warrant because of the amount of flying they get to do. And lack of paperwork they file.
The mission of the Navy and Coast Guard interests me more and I like being around water.

cinnamon

I’m not trying to be annoying but this whole “Hurry up and wait” game the navy likes to play sometimes is definitely frustrating! My suggestion... HIT THE GYM!!!! Or books. Whatever you need to be mentally and physically ready! That is if we get selected. ;) anywho, have to finish my workout. Just thinking of you guys and gals!

Dolphin

I’m not trying to be annoying but this whole “Hurry up and wait” game the navy likes to play sometimes is definitely frustrating! My suggestion... HIT THE GYM!!!! Or books. Whatever you need to be mentally and physically ready! That is if we get selected. ;) anywho, have to finish my workout. Just thinking of you guys and gals!
Wait, so I’m not supposed to practice drinking and crying myself to sleep for when my wife calls me two months into a cruise and tells me she is leaving me and taking the kids and dog? /s

swmonroe88

pilot
I’m not trying to be annoying but this whole “Hurry up and wait” game the navy likes to play sometimes is definitely frustrating!

You get used to it haha... my first time in Pensacola I waited 6 months for a 3 week school. Always do what you can to expedite things, but don't stress on it when you can't.

cinnamon

Wait, so I’m not supposed to practice drinking and crying myself to sleep for when my wife calls me two months into a cruise and tells me she is leaving me and taking the kids and dog? /s
Let’s hope that doesn’t happen! If not we got your back! ?

Hello everyone,
This is my first post here but I took the astb today so I figure now is a good time to start contributing. Stats below.

SNA
OAR: 48
AQR: 6
PFAR: 8
FOFAR: 8
GPA: 3.84 (Won’t be completing my degree until around September of 2020).
Sex: M
Major: Aeronautical Science

Not sure how the board will view my application since I’m applying so far out from my expected grad date, but I’m pretty sure it’s allowed since it’s within 12 months. Good luck everyone.

buttburner69

Applying to this board hopefully and also throwing the hat in with the Coast Guard too. All depends on when I can go to MEPS after my LASIK wait period expires in August.

Applying SNA only
OAR 57
AQR 7
PFAR 6
FOFAR 6
GPA 3.8ish International Studies
Age 23
Sex M
No prior service

Coast Guard! That was the first branch I looked into, they told me it was nearly impossible as a civilian. Did you complete the OJAK or whatever? What is the board/interview/app like?

buttburner69

Not trying to set myself for disappointment, but I listen to the General orders and Codes of conduct, and study ranks. From my time there I recall it being incredibly stressful to study and focus. The more you know before, the better. Oh and getting rolled for fitness is probably something that can be avoided...

Scimitarze

Automated Member
Coast Guard! That was the first branch I looked into, they told me it was nearly impossible as a civilian. Did you complete the OJAK or whatever? What is the board/interview/app like?
Never heard of the OJAK, maybe I know it by another name, but the process seemed to me after some research as the Navy process plus an interview and more emphasis on the essay.