• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FYI: Officer Pictures

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Hmm, I'm curious to know if we have to be in khakis for these and where we are supposed to put the pictures. I'm lost on this.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Officers who do not have a photograph on the electronic military personnel records system in their current grade must submit a photograph before Sept. 30. The preferred uniform will be service khaki without a cover. When service khaki is unavailable, any regulation uniform is acceptable. Officers should have their photo taken at a Navy or Department of Defense facility.

When official facilities are not available, officers are authorized to use commercial sources. If commercial sources are unavailable, officer may submit any color photograph that complies with the requirements outlined in MILPERSMAN 1070-180. These requirements include:

• Display a full-length (head-to-toe), three-quarter view of the member (left shoulder forward).

• Use a plain, flat background to provide sufficient contrast to highlight details of the uniform.

• Printed photo must be four inches wide, six inches high. A menu or hand-lettered title board must be placed at or near the member’s left foot so it is clearly readable in the finished photograph, containing the following identifying data in two-inch high letters:

• Member’s last name, first name and middle initial(s).

• Grade, last four digits of the social security number, and designator.

• Date photograph taken (day, month, year).

An example of what should be included on the title board is:
OFFICER, FIRST, M.
LCDR/1234/1310
17 APR 07

Photographs must be attached to NAVPERS 1070/884. This form and MILPERSMAN 1070-180 are available for download at http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bpNewForms.htm
Photographs must be mailed to:
Navy Personnel Command
Pers-312C
5720 Integrity Dr.
Millington, TN 38055-3120

Here's what I saw in the original link. Hope it helps.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Isn't grade ones grade (O1 O2 etc..) and rank (Ens Ltjg etc..)?

Grade, last four digits of the social security number, and designator.

OFFICER, FIRST, M.
LCDR/1234/1310
17 APR 07

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Isn't grade ones grade (O1 O2 etc..) and rank (Ens Ltjg etc..)?

Grade, last four digits of the social security number, and designator.

OFFICER, FIRST, M.
LCDR/1234/1310
17 APR 07

Exactly right.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yes it is khakis. When I was enlisted I was a PH. Took these pictures all the time. 4x5 picture with a 3/4 length view.

I remember actually having to get my picture done when commissioned. I felt like a retard standing there in "the pose."

Don't put it off too late, I called a month ago in Norfolk for an appt and got Sept 18th as the earliest. Pics are supposed to be due by Sept 30...

Yeah, I hear you, but the thing is, who will know if it's late? Don't get me wrong, I'll try and schedule it, but there's not really anything I'm up for for a while.

Have you selected to wear the golden leaf as well?

Indeed. Dummer by the minute.

jburnes

pics

I had my service photo taken at my command. I'd contact your PAO and see if they know of a command or base photographer that could take your service photos. It seems like your command should work this out for you. Isn't that what CMCs and XOs do?

Or maybe only my command has deemed it a top-level priority...which is possible...nukes do over estimate...plus if there was an instruction I'm sure it was eagerly followed.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I had my service photo taken at my command. I'd contact your PAO and see if they know of a command or base photographer that could take your service photos. It seems like your command should work this out for you. Isn't that what CMCs and XOs do?

Or maybe only my command has deemed it a top-level priority...which is possible...nukes do over estimate...plus if there was an instruction I'm sure it was eagerly followed.

The training squadrons don't have CMCs (well, maybe the HTs, but I don't think so) and XOs have better things to do than baby sit their LTs. Honestly it's only a phone call away, but in the standard Navy tradition, it's far easier to bitch about things.