• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Google Prowler videos

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So other than the dude not wearing his required gear, what's the issue w/ the footage? Not trying to be a smartass, just curious, as maybe I'm missing some secret squirrel piece of the puzzle.

I've got some flying footage that shouldn't be posted online for many years, but I'm not seeing the same type of "fun" being had.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Video was taken by misshipman so I doubt they had the back seat turned on.

For the non-Prowler bubba's, the backseat displays are classified when turned on. Can't see it well enough to tell what they had up.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I'm not saying that I find anything wrong with it but that does not mean that when some ADM thats a technical Luddite sees it pointed out by his teenage son that he might overreact. in my experience they've been known to do that over the most minor of things. FWIW you can get glimpse of a DDI but it appears to be the GEO display which, even if you could see everything gives up nothing.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SteveG75 said:
For the non-Prowler bubba's, the backseat displays are classified when turned on.
I wouldn't go quite that far. I don't see anything wrong w/ the video. It's pretty benign really.

Now, Marine Prowler vs. gondola? That's a video I want to see. :D

Brett

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
So other than the dude not wearing his required gear, what's the issue w/ the footage?

For some reason they never issue mids or stash Ensigns gloves for their backseat rides . . .

NavyLonghorn

Apparently their is a video floating around of two kids in the back seat of a C-12 while on their Air Nav solo.

"Hey.. if you're back here, and Im back here, then whos flying the airplane!?! Zoom forward to empty cockpit"

Now thats something a little more on the retarded side. I havent seen it, so, could be BS.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
NavyVance said:
Apparently their is a video floating around of two kids in the back seat of a C-12 while on their Air Nav solo.

"Hey.. if you're back here, and Im back here, then whos flying the airplane!?! Zoom forward to empty cockpit"

Now thats something a little more on the retarded side. I havent seen it, so, could be BS.
Yeah, that would have been really funny if the AFCS had kicked off or gone haywire, pinning those two A-holes in back while their plane smashes into an elementary school. There's funny, then there's just plain stupid.

Brett

NavyLonghorn

if the autopilot failed, the airplane would be trimmed well enough to probably continue straight and level.

If the electric trim malfunctioned..could be bad.

I dont think the System woul allow for something immediately catostrophic, but. still an incredibly retarded thing if its true.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
nittany03 said:
For some reason they never issue mids or stash Ensigns gloves for their backseat rides . . .

True. I can't remember if I had them for my F-14 ride.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
NavyVance said:
if the autopilot failed, the airplane would be trimmed well enough to probably continue straight and level.

If the electric trim malfunctioned..could be bad.

I dont think the System woul allow for something immediately catostrophic, but. still an incredibly retarded thing if its true.

what about a runaway attitude control on the autopilot......its happened to me before (not in a government aircraft). If I hadn't been quick to pull the breaker and shut it down (for example not in the cockpit), we would have certainly exceeded critical AoA and had a bad ride (I hear T-tails don't spin well)......I'm sure the chances of this are pretty minimal however, but I don't think its wise to risk it. Then add the risk of a midair, which is often a possibility

**Edit...I reread the second line of your post**