• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Google Prowler videos

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
If it is still intact, the VR-1355 was one of the world's top five low levels, especially if you took a slight detour off the route and circles the Steven's Pass ski resort when you knew your buddies were there.

Is this the VR that runs over that lake adjacent to I-90? I'd love to be skiing at Steven's and see a low-level...

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
It is indeed still intact (thank God); and I'd like to know where low levels 2 through 5 that you speak of are at.

This may degenerate into a separate thread, but my top five, in no particular order and no memory for the VR number (it's been 15-25 years ago), are:
1. VR1355
2. The VR route(s) from Alameda to Fallon targets and back to Alameda that began by flying through Yosemite, then crossed Pyramid Lake, Crater Lake, ran across the desert (where there was no one but wild animals and cowboys to turn you in for low flying) and ended up flying south down the California coast to a left turn over the Golden Gate bridge for entry to Alameda. (I have most of it on a DVD).
3. A CVW-5 low level that began at Cubi and wound up on the Cubi 180 deg rad/180 nm which was 'fantasy island.' Along the way you got to see, again at very low altitude, incredible scenery including truly primitive villages, incredible mountain passes, waterfalls, etc.
4. The CVW-5 Japanese Alps low level that began just a few miles from the base of Mt. Fuji (you flew over the top of Fuji and then descended down the backside to pick up point A.
5. The Med low level that began just south of Naples and went all the way to the tip of Italy's boot.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
3. A CVW-5 low level that began at Cubi ....
4. The CVW-5 Japanese Alps low level that began just a few miles from the base of Mt. Fuji ....
Exxxx -- squeeeeze me .... but who in the hell is CVW-5????? !!!!! Try CVW-11 !!!!

But anyway .... CUBI and Fuji??? (Hey!! I just made a rhyme.:)) ... would those two low levels look something like .... this???

dsc01928yb6.jpg
schinasea62002013dg8.jpg

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Exxxx -- squeeeeze me .... but who in the hell is CVW-5????? !!!!! Try CVW-11 !!!!

But anyway .... CUBI and Fuji??? (Hey!! I just made a rhyme.:)) ... would those two low levels look something like .... this???

dsc01928yb6.jpg
schinasea62002013dg8.jpg

Oh man, can't decide if I want to go eat some boneless chicken washed down with rice wine or go have a San Miguel and a LBFM walk on my back......easy choice. Where's my jeepney?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Prowler Day at Oceana

Lots of Prowlers at Oceana this week including this eyecatching CAG jet

IMG_4416.jpg

Photo by HJ

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lots of Prowlers at Oceana this week including this eyecatching CAG jet
140 has a damn fine looking CAG jet IMO. 129 was there heading out to Das Boot recently as well.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
140 has a damn fine looking CAG jet IMO. 129 was there heading out to Das Boot recently as well.

I think that jet looks hideous. Their helmets make them look like Evel Knievel, for Christ's sake. :eek:

Brett