• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Google Prowler videos

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
redmariner97 said:
Now that's just not nice to say.

Hopefully you understand I mean the subatomic particle, and not any one type of person.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
My Prowler question: How do those airplanes go so fast with those little, tiny propellers slung under the wings ???

Those props only come into use when we're doing ASW underwater. The big snorkel on top lets the main engines keep running at idle until they're needed when we go back into the air. One time, we got a big red snapper caught on our pitot tube - that was embarrassing.

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Those props only come into use when we're doing ASW underwater. The big snorkel on top lets the main engines keep running at idle until they're needed when we go back into the air. One time, we got a big red snapper caught on our pitot tube - that was embarrassing.

Brett

I always thought it was the snapper that caught the tube, not the other way around, but I guess that just shows how you think of relationships.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
I always thought it was the snapper that caught the tube, not the other way around, but I guess that just shows how you think of relationships.
You mean as in they're a nuisance? :D

Brett

Nose

pilot
Hey all,

No joke, I was on cruise with the guy that took those videos. In fact, I was in the other Prowler (the one that he flies underneath). We were doing a low level and a bird hit smack in the radome....so on our way back to Whidbey his jet flew around ours to check out the damage. (

I'm confused, you were on cruise and landed in Whidbey?

Not trying to be a smart ass, just being my usual dumb-ass!

Nose

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nahhh.. more like a thickening Kurt Russell.

kr-sized.jpg

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Yarrr mateeee.... Prowler videos .... yarrr!!!!!!!!

Nice high-speed pass on the 3rd video.

Quick question for you guys. Can Marine Prowler Pilots and NFOs train at Whidbey?

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
All,
Wonder how long this type of thing will get to be posted in Google before someone steps in? Takes me back though, looks like some VR-1351 or 1350 footage and a bit of FACIT in the Okanagan MOA maybe?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=861169457856744127&q=Prowler

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6196440102245782337

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7057886897793589688

If it is still intact, the VR-1355 was one of the world's top five low levels, especially if you took a slight detour off the route and circles the Steven's Pass ski resort when you knew your buddies were there.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If it is still intact, the VR-1355 was one of the world's top five low levels, especially if you took a slight detour off the route and circles the Steven's Pass ski resort when you knew your buddies were there.
It is indeed still intact (thank God); and I'd like to know where low levels 2 through 5 that you speak of are at.