• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ground Jobs

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
More RIO at the controls legends (true of course)

I blew my chance in RAG when there were two of us with same last name and the other guy was a pilot. One of first hops is pilot and pilot with a hot switch.. halfway through my brief, I realized my instructor thought I was the other guy and was planning to let me hot switch up front.....

Another famous RIO story was in the late 70s when the F-14 Requirements Officer (a RIO) was invited to St Louis for a F-15 ride and they put him in front seat after some sim time (who was he to question them) and let him do the takeoff and fly it a bit before test pilot showed him some "stuff" and then the RIO took them home. Guess USAF wasn't too good on RECCE (two anchors vs one on nametag).

When VF-1 and 2 were stood up as first Tomcat squadrons, pilots and RIOs were in place at VF-124 way before jets arrived so they borrowed TA-4Js from Instrument RAGs (future Adversary outfits) and flew tactics hops with RIOs flying with pilots and doing a fair amount of time at the controls.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
No you're not ... there's plenty of room for everyone and their opinions/experiences/viewpoints. Except, of course, for the A-holes .... and Bad Guys.

so there is room for the shoes, too?

lance

Thanks for all the feedback guys, It has been a while since I have been able to get on here. YEA!!!