• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gun Laws in your state

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Some of my nasty weapons are dedicated to Bill Clinton, some to Dianne Feinstein and a couple of new ones are dedicated to President Obama.

I have a brand new, very ugly, mean and nasty looking 12 ga being shipped to me as I write this. It looks just like a folding stock AK 47. It shoots 10 rounds simi-auto so fast that you can keep 8 empty shells in the air before the first one hits the ground. It's a blast to blast with it.

I'm going to dedicate this one to Chuck Schumer. Here's to you Chucky !!

Just like this: You like it Chuck??
TromixS06.jpg

yeah....i'm gonna need to go and buy one of those now...

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
You know, for all the crap laid on Schumer, he did push heavily for Kristen Gillibrand to take Hillary's senate seat.

Gillibrand has an "A" rating and a 100% voting record from the NRA.

Guess gun control's just not a party priority right now.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
^^^^^^^

What is it, and where do I get one?

It's a Saiga 12 made by in Russia by IZHMASH and modified in the US by Tromix. There is a wait list like for everything else but if ever there was a fun gun this is it. Not bad for clearing a room I guess as well. I just use em to turn pallets into tooth picks.

You can't shoot it without grinning like an idiot.

Go here to start: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showforum=2

There is an executive order that won't allow the import of "non sporting arms" so the Saigas come in to the country looking plane jane. There is a small army of gun smiths, a cottage industry really, that makes'em look like mine. Legally. It love it.

Tromix is the best but there are others:

http://www.tromix.com/Welcome.htm

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
OK, found it.

http://www.tromix.com/saiga.htm

What the hell do you do for a living? Your toy budget is a little higher than mine.

Grasshopper, my toy budget wasn't this high when my kids were little either. I sell IT solutions to fortune 200 companies but mostly I have no one to tell me no right now. :D

You can buy one for $550 to $600 now and convert it later. It's just as much fun to shoot without the pistol grip. You can even do the conversion yourself with a dremel and some parts.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
What school said.

Makes my 870 look like a minnow in a shark tank.

Full friggin auto 12ga? No way....

Mine is simi auto but you can get them full auto and even with 8" barrels if it's legal where you live. Even simi they shoot faster than any shotgun I've ever fired.

Search youtube for Saiga 12. There are a few clips out there of full auto Saigas. Cool stuff.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Something I am curious about...

Let's say the AWB does become a reality. Let's face it, our magazine fed rifles will be a thing of the past. How do you think the manufacturers will respond? Obviously we are going to keep buying firearms, but what is going to be available?

I noticed that SA makes a replica of the M1 Garand in 30-06 and .308. Just some food for thought, I suppose.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Something I am curious about...

Let's say the AWB does become a reality. Let's face it, our magazine fed rifles will be a thing of the past. How do you think the manufacturers will respond? Obviously we are going to keep buying firearms, but what is going to be available?

I noticed that SA makes a replica of the M1 Garand in 30-06 and .308. Just some food for thought, I suppose.

IMHO they can not possibly get an outright BAN thru congress. When it happens it will look a lot like the previous AWB and will probably include a grandfather clause allowing you to keep buying what's already out there. I don't think there will be a "sunset clause" this time so as demand increases and the supply gets tighter the existing stuff will just get more expensive.

I'm concerned about restrictions on transfering weapons already in our hands. In effect keep what you got but when you die it goes to Captain Crunch.

There are serious discussions about "tracking" ammo that scare me a bit but it would be expensive to do that. I'm more concerned about taxing ammo to death. If rounds cost $5.00 each my blasting fun is over.

What frightens me the most short term are executive orders. For example Obama could ban the importation of all weapons and ammo today with the stroke of a pen. Why do you think weapons manufactures (FN, Glock and others) have plants in the US. It ain't for the cheap labor.

SA's Garand replica is an OK weapon but people who want a Garand can easily buy the real thing thru the CMP. By the way this old grunt would not feel out gunned in any way toting a Garand in combat. There are very few places on the battlefield that would provide cover from my Garand and I.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor

By the way. A Garand in .308/7.62 is a thing of beauty. I sold mine a few years ago. I can't believe I did that.

A 7.62 Garand shoots like a dream and until the GWOT ammo was pretty cheap. All you need to convert one is a new .308 barrel (new ones are plentiful and not too expensive) and maybe a little plastic block to keep you from loading .30 cal.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
By the way. A Garand in .308/7.62 is a thing of beauty. I sold mine a few years ago. I can't believe I did that.

A 7.62 Garand shoots like a dream and until the GWOT ammo was pretty cheap. All you need to convert one is a new .308 barrel (new ones are plentiful and not too expensive) and maybe a little plastic block to keep you from loading .30 cal.

I've seen these barrels at some online gun shops. Seems like a pretty darn good idea, especially when milsurps starts to dry up. Luckily for me, I got permission to pick up a Garand from CMP once the wife and I move back to the Free State:D;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....I'm concerned about restrictions on transfering weapons already in our hands. In effect keep what you got but when you die it goes to Captain Crunch...
That's a concern and one avenue the gun-banners might explore this time around .... and the net effect??

An whole new underground economy and a bunch of instant criminals among lifetime law abiding citizens ..