• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hangar One - Alameda

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Ah, I just figured as much as you like limes, you may have gotten that Kaffir Lime Vodka from Hangar One.
Ahhhh .... I get it now. When you said "kaffir limes", I thought you meant "limes". Lime flavored vodka did not compute. :)

The answer is still no, as I don't do "flavored" vodkas ... but I do have a large industrial style glass container at home with 4-5 types of peppers in it, filled @ 2/3 with vodka. I guess that means I make my own pepper vodka ... makes WORLD CLASS Bloody Mary's ... looks kinda neat, too.

Pretend the pix below is peppers and vodka, vice lemons and whatever:

beakerjc7.jpg

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Try Bay Ridge Wine and Spirits in Annapolis if you get down that way. That was my favorite store when I was at USNA, has a huge selection, and had some pretty obscure bottles of stuff.

@phrog - Bay Ridge Wine and Spirits does have Hanger 1. I got a bottle this weekend. They had regular, keffir lime, and mandarin orange.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
My Hangar One order has not come in yet .... so t'day, in desperation, I had to break down and buy some Stolichnaya, which is O.K. if you keep it in the freezer. :)

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Aren't you supposed to generally keep vodka in the freezer prior to consumption? I mean, probably not if you're infusing it with other flavors, as that would hamper the distribution of flavor, but I generally don't drink vodka unless it's colder than a dead witch's tit in February.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Aren't you supposed to generally keep vodka in the freezer prior to consumption? I mean, probably not if you're infusing it with other flavors, as that would hamper the distribution of flavor, but I generally don't drink vodka unless it's colder than a dead witch's tit in February.
You're supposed to follow the golden rule of consuming alcoholic beverages . . . do whatever tastes good for you.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Aren't you supposed to generally keep vodka in the freezer prior to consumption? ....
Naaaahhhh ... just personal preference. I like it better that way for most applications. I keep my gin in the freezer as well, it just doesn't seem to last very long. :eek:

Hard liquors are considered "finished" products, unlike beer and wine, which are considered "alive" ..... sooooooooooooooooo-o-o-o-o-o ... you should be able to store scotches, vodkas, gins, tequilas, assorted whiskeys, etc. indefinitely --- whether at room temperature or in the freezer.

What do you think the distributors do after those Rooskie peasants stomp their potatoes into vodka ?
Keep it in the freezer?? :)

Example: if you have an 18 year old bottle of single-malt and put it on the shelf for 50 years, you still have an 18 year old scotch -- it's just 68 years old when you pop the top. :icon_wink

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I'm tracking, and I'm onboard with the concepts. But I was under the impression, thanks to numerous vodka-fueled nights with foreign nationals from former Eastern Bloc nations, that it was proper etiquette to consume your vodka as cold as humanly possible. To put it in their words, "It must be wery cold, so it pours wery slow before vee drink."

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....I was under the impression, thanks to numerous vodka-fueled nights with foreign nationals from former Eastern Bloc nations,..... "It must be wery cold, so it pours wery slow before vee drink."
Yeah, but what do those commie rat-bastards know about anything, anyway ... ??? :)

Cold??? Screw 'em. They lost the Cold War .... :icon_wink

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
hangaronevodkawb1.jpg
UPDATE:

Bought a case of "straight" from the NEX @ 2 weeks ago ... tried the first bottle today ....

Ice cold: right out of the freezer, same for the shot glasses --- VERY smooth and drinkable; no "bite", no alcohol after-blow, nothin' but da' best.

We liked it ... :)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well, the next question, how long will that case survive? Or better yet, can we drive you to extremes to drink it faster by "weeping for the future of naval aviation"....