• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hangar queen

Super Hornet 88

Yeah that guys stuff is awesome. That Academy F/A-18 has a sh*t load of parts, and all of that photo-etch.:eek: That's why I stick to 1/48 scale.:icon_wink

-Dan

I build models myself, but nowhere near as good as this guy. Its hard to find a USN ground crew in the same scale as some of the model aircraft. Most of the ground personnel are 1/72 while some of the aircraft needed to get the detail like in the picture are in 1/48 or 1/32. I've always found it easier to get USAF ground crews than USN ground crews.

Gregsivers,

The ground crewmen are all photoshopped.:D

-jai5w4

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ugh, just guessing here, but probably the same reason AOs worked on the cargo hook and ResQ Hoist...the CADs for ejection???

~D

Yeah, but LAMPS is not like the rest of the fleet. AOs don't touch seats - that's what AMEs are for.

Brett

What is photo-etch?

Thin sheet(s) of brass pieces that are cut off and placed onto/over existing surfaces of scale models to enhance details.

4840_1.gif

p48539_00b.jpg

p48539_02b.jpg

p48519_00b.jpg

-j

MasterBates

We have AO's?? We have 3 in the sqadron, but they are on the shore duty UIC. I have not gone out with AOs on 2 cruises and god knows how many dets.

Would be nice to have, but we usually get a CAD qualled guy.

On the AME front, at the recent PR/AME conference in Vegas, the maintenance cards for the MARS (Mobile Aircrew Restraint System) has AMEs working on it. We don't have AMEs, so now they want our PRs (We have 2 for 90 Pilot/AWs) to work on that as well

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We have AO's?? We have 3 in the sqadron, but they are on the shore duty UIC. I have not gone out with AOs on 2 cruises and god knows how many dets.

On the AME front, at the recent PR/AME conference in Vegas, the maintenance cards for the MARS (Mobile Aircrew Restraint System) has AMEs working on it. We don't have AMEs, so now they want our PRs (We have 2 for 90 Pilot/AWs) to work on that as well

Yeah, I was one of those shore duty AOs. :D Whatever happened to the plan of sending a sea duty AO out with the Hellfire equipped Dets? We had a home-guard guy in 44 who volunteered for a long cruise as a test case. Didn't that ever materialize? WRT CADs, understand (as I'm sure you do) that LAMPS is an aberration in that respect. In the real world, AMEs do all the CADs and seat related stuff and AOs just work on their stuff (or lounge in the shop for half the shift).

Brett

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
That thing is just scary. I wonder how one gets that kind of leisure time prior to age 65. There's got to be some weird pathology there. If he's married, his wife would be busting his ass to go take out the trash every 5 minutes. If he's single, well, it's just another sad, lonely weekend in the basement, playing with tiny little people.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

You weren't missing much. They're mostly just another body to have around and spread the load, which obviously is a good thing. They're actual AO duties were maybe an hour a day.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crowbar said:
He needs to build a scale model QAR having a conniption over the tools thrown everywhere. "NOBODY DOES ANYTHING UNTIL WE GET ATAF!"

As a former QA LPO, I had a minor aneurism when I saw that. :D

@ Gator: True, but they don't have that fancy Penguin. :D

Brett

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
As a former QA LPO, I had a minor aneurism when I saw that. :D

@ Gator: True, but they don't have that fancy Penguin. :D

Brett

As a former QAO, I was waiting on all the broken/lost tool reports to sign. "Conducted thorough search of work area..."

JTD

"Too much work theses days, we didn't have time for loundry.
Hopefully some friends of USAF gave us some closes..."

"That seat is so heavy that we had to take some rest (excuse us we are not on the pict we went to take a beer)"

"The good thing is that when everybody sleeps, i can use forbiden but usefull tools..."

His commentary is priceless, where do they keep the forbiden useful tools.