• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hornet vs F35

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I honestly cannot imagine what it is like to be selected as a Marine Hornet RAG stud in 2024. I'm surprised they're still taking folks. It seemed like an old (but pretty cool) platform when I was at VT-22 in 2014.

Yeah, 100%. I'm also surprised they are sending cones there. It isn't even a proper FRS at this point. An "FRD" that is piggybacked on a Miramar fleet squadron, albeit with a lot of the old names still associate flying.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Yeah, 100%. I'm also surprised they are sending cones there. It isn't even a proper FRS at this point. An "FRD" that is piggybacked on a Miramar fleet squadron, albeit with a lot of the old names still associate flying.
The FRD concept was hard enough to execute at the VMUs with the RQ-21. I can't imagine the ass pain it is with the fleet of old broken Hornets. The fight for who gets priority mixed with a fight for up airplanes must be a ton of fun.

Fins Out

I find what Hotdogs said interesting; it’s something I’ve heard multiple times over the course of my career. When someone implies that the actions of a Marine are somewhat not in line with being Chesty Puller incarnate the immediate response is “what did the Marine do(insert non-consensual touching, petty theft, etc.) to you?

Seems a far cry from climbing cliffs and slaying dragons. The few, the proud, the…. felonious?

I would never think to respond saying something like “tell me when did the Pilot/NFO, OpsO, Big XO steal your identity, take out multiple unsecured high interest personal loans in your name, not make payments resulting in a default judgment trashing your credit score?”

This defense mechanism seems akin to a skunk raising its tail to fire for effect(in more ways than one!).

Help me understand this mentality!

Disclaimer: all of my bikes are present and accounted for.

Last edited:

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Anyway, OP, go F-35Cs for sure. I have friends in both and the ones in Bs always say they wish they had the gas of the Cs. Never heard it the other way around (on any issue, not just gas).

This simple fact is so underrated. Gas = more flight time and more training opportunities. It's the difference between being able to knock a set or two out after a primary mission after others bingo out, or the difference of hundreds of hours of flight time over the course of a career if you can hang out longer.