• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How did you get involved in aviation?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Grew up next to South Weymouth NAS. Used to watch the Blues fly F-4 Phantoms over my house. A-4s and P-3s were always overhead. I asked my Dad, an MIT engineer, how pilots navigated in the air...after that I was hooked.

Simply said to myself as a kid..."I could do that."

20 years later....
CIMG2305.jpg

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
From another thread....

I got one flight in the back of a F4 during a Topeka, KS air show in 1971. Blue Angel #1 was my Mom's cousin. He sneaked me into the back of his plane and my brother into the back of #4 with instructions to keep our heads down below the rails anytime we were on the ground.... An e-ticket ride of a lifetime for a 10 year old. All I clearly remember is the sky spinning and puking my guts out.....but there are flashes of the rest.....and it was the day I decided flying was my future.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I had some military in my family....Dad, brother, BIL, BIL, favorite uncle, least favorite uncle. Mostly Army although my brother was on the Bon Homme Richard (as an aside, his son was on the Bonnie Dick 30 years to the day after my brother got out).

Just after high school I went to the recruiting office three times looking for the Army recruiter. No joy, but the Navy guy, SHC John Riley...odd how you remember things...was always there....sooo......I enlisted. Ended up working on ECM and radar for the A4 and A7. PNAd second class twice, got out, went to school for almost 9 years then though I ought to seek gainful employment.

The Navy recruiter (A P3 guy from Denver >>> who used to tell me that the sound of a P3s engines winding down sounded a lot like perdiemperdiemperdiemperdiem) called and the rest is history. Old history.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Come from a military background. My mom is a retired HMC(FMF/AW)... I grew up around Navy and Marine aviation. When I was living in Puerto Rico, a USAF F-4 pilot who owed my mom his life took me up in the pattern for a bit. That sealed it for me.

Even though it was an USAF pilot and aircraft, I knew from than that I wanted to be a Naval Aviator. 20 years later, I'm couple months (knock on wood) from getting Naval Flight Officer wings...

Livin the dream...

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A WW-II B-24 Liberator nose-gunner sparked and fueled my earliest interests.

A good friend of my father's, his pictures, stories, and gift of many years of Air Force magazines (fortunately, with many pictures ;) ) fascinated me. Aside from my father, he was the finest individual I ever knew; and I also knew, not too long after I learned to walk, that I want to someday "fly in the sky," just like he once did.

Much later, another friend of my father took me up in his Navion (I liked its canopy because it was more like a real military jet, and not just a civilian airplane) – I was probably 8 or 9 years old - for my first ride, and I was hooked.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
I bet I've gotten laid in my P-3 more times then you have in your fighter.

(Yes - by women. On the ground. In the hangar or at air shows.)

How hard is it getting them up into the plane after the ruffies kick in? And at least one Hornet out there has been fornicated on/in just because she wanted to try. Not saying when or where.

Oh and a T-45 at an airshow.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Now I'm seriously curious how you got to "fornicating" in a hornet... You're sorta out in the open aren't you? I hope the seat was safed...

Oh-58Ddriver

Scouts Out!
None
Contributor
How I got involved in aviation...

I was born. I went to flight school. Everything inbetween was a waste of time.

Seriously though, I am not really sure when it started. As soon as I could talk I was telling my parents I wanted to fly. I once got a plastic fish-bowl looking container stuck on my head because I thought it looked like an astronaut helmet so I put it on. My dad had to break it off of me. I was two.

I dont know, some things you're born knowing I suppose...

narfmasta

haha good work guys

and what would happen if yall got caught "doing the deed" by someone? could that cost you your job?