• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How did you get involved in aviation?

NUFO06

None
I had SWO orders to the USS Nashville.
Then my XO told me, "hey do you want to be a pilot, they need a bunch of SWOs to transfer to be pilots." I said, sir what about my contacts. "Oh, they said they had contact waivers for you and a couple others." I said sure thing. So I am already to go be a pilot but a while later I get to NOMI and the Navy decided to take away my contact waiver and told me that i was going to be redesignated to a SNFO. The reasoning, no longer short on pilots but extremely short on NFOs. Needs of the Navy. But in A-pool they tells us we dont have any pilots and we have way to many NFOs, so many infact that they are considering raising the score for FOs to pass API. Hmmm. Good Stuff.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
I wanted an A&P license and the local steel mill had just shut down. I talked to a few A&P mechanics and they recommended the Navy if I didn't want to just be a component changer. At the same time someone tried to kill the local Army recruiter because he was playing fast and loose with assignments. It worked. I got my A&P.

As far as the other claims go, how about in the back of an SH-3H on the flight deck of the Forrestal when we were in Cannes, France in 1986.:D The E-2 guys got caught.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
As far as the other claims go, how about in the back of an SH-3H on the flight deck of the Forrestal when we were in Cannes, France in 1986. The E-2 guys got caught.

That was way before women were on carriers.. "I'm not asking so don't start telling" But just because the E-2 GAYS got caught isn't bragging rights!! :eek:

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
Dad is a retired P-3/airline pilot and mother was a nurse in the Air National Guard. Decided at an early age after spending lots of time in airports, on planes, and watching Top Gun that it seemed like a pretty sweet thing to do. Also decided that I was going to fly something cool like jets in the Air Force not some lame Navy prop plane. Fast forward a few years and a great deal of enlightenment, and what am I doing? Flying a sweet Navy prop plane and only regretting that I'm not on the navex to an airshow this weekend where I could have tried to experience some of the multi-purpose aspects of the P-3.

millerjd

Stayin' alive
You don't get into aviation, aviation gets into you (unless you're chuck norris).

Thanks to aviation, I am broke due to an addiction I can't control.

Lawman

None
You don't get into aviation, aviation gets into you (unless you're chuck norris).

Thanks to aviation, I am broke due to an addiction I can't control.

Your gonna want to never go shooting or drinking at wine bars.

Some people have vices.... Ive got 3 or 4

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
That was way before women were on carriers.. "I'm not asking so don't start telling" But just because the E-2 GAYS got caught isn't bragging rights!! :eek:

Who said anything about GAYS? We were on a port visit to Cannes. I brought a girl from Brussles that I met at the beach the previous day, out for a tour of the ship. I was giving her a tour of the helo and one thing led to another. The E-2 guys did the same thing, but got in hot water because some of the stuff in their plane was classified.

narfmasta

Who said anything about GAYS? We were on a port visit to Cannes. I brought a girl from Brussles that I met at the beach the previous day, out for a tour of the ship. I was giving her a tour of the helo and one thing led to another. The E-2 guys did the same thing, but got in hot water because some of the stuff in their plane was classified.

Like one million dollars, classified information should have at least got them 2 chicks at the same time