• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I Hate SDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd just like to say I hate SDO. Not only do I hate SDO, I especially hate PM SDO. Not only do I especially hate PM SDO, but I REALLY REALLY hate Friday PM SDO. Kill me now.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ouch dude. Stood Sunday duty last weekend. I feel your pain. Shame you're not in VT-3 though. Our PM SDOs can sleep after the planes are all on deck! :)

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Fly Navy said:
I'd just like to say I hate SDO. Not only do I hate SDO, I especially hate PM SDO. Not only do I especially hate PM SDO, but I REALLY REALLY hate Friday PM SDO. Kill me now.

But the real question is, do you like pie?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
What about Parfait's. They have to be the most delicious thing on the whole d@mn planet.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
finished with primary and you're standing SDO.... boy, you must really be Mr Popular with skeds.

/never stood a day of SDO past Fam4 in Primary

bruce

Change

Sorry, but I just do not get it. Not just on this particular post or subject but so many times do I read that you guys are not happy with the extended wait or the assigned job you have. Did you not have to really strive extra hard to get to the place you are now and were you not faceing tough competetion to just to be selected for the opportunity that you have? If you are not happy with what you have now,there are others waiting to take your slot. No lecture intended but just a reminder that you have one of the best things there is. Reminds me of a saying, If you do not like the way things are, try to change it, if you can not change things then try changing your attitude. I saw one of those machines that said change, so I put a dollar bill in it, but nothing changed.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bruce . . . dude, lighten up! I wouldn't trade flight school for the world, but that doesn't mean I have to like every single part of it. Is flying awesome? Heck yes! Does that mean I like getting screamed at by my on-wing for dorking up a landing pattern or whatever? Uh . . . no. And I'm not really a fan of having to stand mind-numbingly boring weekend duty either. It's not all fun and games. Yes, we have a great opportunity here, and I wouldn't give it up for the world, but that doesn't mean we have to necessarily enjoy all the inconvenient aspects of it or refrain from venting every once in awhile.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
bruce said:
I saw one of those machines that said change, so I put a dollar bill in it, but nothing changed.

That sucks. It must have been broken. j/k :)

As far as the rest of your post goes, people complain. It's human nature. Even rock stars and pro athletes complain about their jobs. I have to drive 120 miles every day for IFS. Does it suck? Yes. Do I wish I could do it closer? Yes. Do I complain that the Navy doesn't pay me for milage? Yes. Would I trade it in for a normal job? No. I wake up every day thanking God for the opportunity I've been given but I also occasionally complain about the downsides.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i thought mine sucked, i stood wheels watch till nightfall the day i selected. Never ever stood SDO until i pissed off the skeds Ahole, yeah i think my daughter in the hospital was a bit more important to me than doing an out and in.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
bruce said:
Sorry, but I just do not get it. Not just on this particular ................

Stoooooop. Now go stand in the corner.

Have you ever had those "Little Bucket Parfait's" from KFC? The chocolate ones are awesome! Also, if you ever get the chance, get a "Choco-Taco" from TacoBell! They are soooo good! It's like a graham cracker taco with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup on it. Yuuummmm!

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
jboomer said:
Also, if you ever get the chance, get a "Choco-Taco" from TacoBell! They are soooo good! It's like a graham cracker taco with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup on it. Yuuummmm!

*Drool* . . . haven't had one of those in forever but they're sooooo good!
:bouncy_12

Status
Not open for further replies.