• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I Hate SDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
SpeedyJ said:
Might want to check your info on that, we had an Airforce stud almost get kicked out of the service for sleeping while on night SDO duty in VT-3 a couple of months back. He was charged with deriliction of duty, falsifying government documents, conduct unbecoming, etc. Don't chance it, drink Redbull or coffee and stay awake, its your duty!

I thought the same thing when I read that post, but I heard that they changed it when the new skipper arrived ...

makana

I wake up in the morning & I piss excellence.
pilot
Just wanted to confirm that we VT-3 SDOs can sleep on PM SDO after all planes are safe on deck and be up NLT 0630 before first brief. I am standing the watch as I type and having said all this with all planes SOD, good night!

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
for us anyway, it's a 12 hour watch where you are the 'point of contact' for the squadron. basically if the **** hits the fan you get involved, you track the x/c flights safe on deck, and most importantly you answer the phones and give studs the following days' schedule!

makana

I wake up in the morning & I piss excellence.
pilot
Pags said:
I might wait till you see it in writing.

Sorry, I meant to say that as I am standing the watch right now, I have the instruction/memo signed by the new CO right next to me in the SDO binder. And let me just say that sleeping on the hard floor with an inch and a half mat is no fun! But it's better than no sleep at all I guess.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
makana said:
Sorry, I meant to say that as I am standing the watch right now, I have the instruction/memo signed by the new CO right next to me in the SDO binder. And let me just say that sleeping on the hard floor with an inch and a half mat is no fun! But it's better than no sleep at all I guess.

Seriously, cry about it.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
You know...you could have 24 hours of duty where you come into work and don't leave until the workday ends the following day? Granted, you're not expected to be up the whole time, but you might end up with the balls to four watch.

Oh wait, you'd have to be a SWO to get that. Sorry, my bad. 59 days until I leave the boat and head to API...can't wait.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Road Program said:
You know...you could have 24 hours of duty where you come into work and don't leave until the workday ends the following day? Granted, you're not expected to be up the whole time, but you might end up with the balls to four watch.

Oh wait, you'd have to be a SWO to get that. Sorry, my bad. 59 days until I leave the boat and head to API...can't wait.

Or otherwise known as VT-6. :)

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I REALLY HATE INCOMPETENT SDOs!!!!!!!!!!
Like the ones who say "no Sir youre not on the schedule tomorow at all"
Then as I roll in at 0730 and look at the board I see Im flying until 0030. I ran out and the DOSS didnt see me so Ill go back i and fly but that lt and I will have words.
Done ranting

Status
Not open for further replies.