• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I Hate SDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i kept getting told my skeds to bring some good food, they all said they were low carb so i took them some of the wife's fajitas. Still got the ****te end of the stick. maybe they werent that good.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy, I feel your pain, my kick ass friday in monterey is consisting of a 6 dollar burger from carl's jr, a pack of smokes, and a sixer of Bud tall boys (it's ok, I had subway for lunch).

right now I am paying for 2 yrs of Duke's on Sundays in Waikiki.

look at it this way, you're 'paying it foward' for the goodies in the fleet....

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Bruce-Take a deep breath and relax....there, don't you feel better? Everyone complains, its just human nature!!!!

jboomer said:
Also, if you ever get the chance, get a "Choco-Taco" from TacoBell! They are soooo good! It's like a graham cracker taco with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup on it. Yuuummmm!

YYYYUUUMMMMYYYY Choco-Taco's.....those are awesome!!!

nittany03-sorry about that...I live down the street from a Taco Hell....

Hey, lets get a chant started......Choco-Taco! Choco-Taco! Choco-Taco! Choco-Taco! Choco-Taco! Choco-Taco! Choco-Taco! CHOCO-TACO!! CHOCO-TACO!! CHOCO-TACO!! CHOCO-TACO!! CHOCO-TACO!! CHOCO-TACO!!

Acoustix99

pilot
Something to be said for standing SDO for 12 hours instead of 24, but at least I only had to have it half as often :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, off watch. Thank God for Red Bull! That's the 2nd all-nighter I pulled this week. Gotta love SDO twice in one week.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I's sign off all of a 3P's electrical and prop pqs for a Teddy's Bigger Burger...

zab1001 said:
Fly Navy, I feel your pain, my kick ass friday in monterey is consisting of a 6 dollar burger from carl's jr, a pack of smokes, and a sixer of Bud tall boys (it's ok, I had subway for lunch).

right now I am paying for 2 yrs of Duke's on Sundays in Waikiki.

look at it this way, you're 'paying it foward' for the goodies in the fleet....
God, Duke's on Sundays, the BEST... too bad their service and food quality has taken a dive, not like the one in Kauai, but if your just there for the bar, the beer, and the view (and I am NOT talking about diamonhead...)...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A happy sailor, is a b!tching sailor....

NeoCortex said:
It's a sailor's right to bit©h

Amen brother...

Bruce, dude I hear your frustration, don't know, but I imagine that you are trying to get a slot or something, but you gotta feel the frustration going through the pipeline. You study you a$$ off, you get jerked around, you have a blast flying the plane, and stress over selection. Then, at every damn stage of your career, when they are through with you, or you aren't useful to skeds (or OPS), you get thrown in the penalty box, in the case of primary it is Wheel Watch or AFDO, out at a P3 squadron if you are med down, you could be the duty b!tch. Yeah, it is part of the process, and in the big flick it is just a small irritation, but when you (VT6) and the VT2 "Do-er Bird" f-u-ck are both mind numbingly bored at O dark 30 on a friday night, when you could be at flora-bama, or enjoying the sight of "squids and kids" and "marines and teens" at Seville, you need an outlet among peers.

And, oh BTW, I am NOT flying right now, and have sat a week of 12-18 hour watches, the urge to pick up the trusty skillcraft, and ram it through my cornea to relieve the tedium at times was more than I could take at times... then again, I am reminded almost constantly how much cooler the aviation community is... 46driver, dude, how do we survive a staff tour? I am DYING to know... jk all

[/steps off soapbox]

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
SDO does suck at the training commands, no doubt. I always told myself i'd study (anybody else lie to themselves that way). Now that i'm standing fleet watches at my squadron, i appreciate the VT-2 (and especially the awesome VT-31) watches. 18 hours in the office and then on call for 6 more hours, now that rocks - and no TV, in khakis! At least I had an ASDO and a duty driver (he knew where to get good grub in town, he became my personal hero).

That five month wait doth sucks, i feel your pain (I waited four). Be thankful you made it in though, it doesn't look so good for those trying to follow in your footsteps. If you need a cheer me up on watch, just think of this: I'd rather be standing watch getting paid a butt-ton of money than working an 8hr shift at Home Depot.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
talking about sh*tty jobs, I think the hardest job I had was being a waiter at the Olive Garden. Being a waiter is pretty stressful if you're learning on the job. In fact I make comparisons to flight school about it at times. screaming customer/manager is your IP.. crappy tip is a bad grade.. mixing up orders is like forgetting your ATC clearance.. learning all the ingredients in every meal is like ground school... but being a waiter.. there's no ultimate goal like getting your wings.. life will always suck. so.. tip your waiters!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
virtu050 said:
talking about sh*tty jobs, I think the hardest job I had was being a waiter at the Olive Garden. Being a waiter is pretty stressful if you're learning on the job. In fact I make comparisons to flight school about it at times. screaming customer/manager is your IP.. crappy tip is a bad grade.. mixing up orders is like forgetting your ATC clearance.. learning all the ingredients in every meal is like ground school... but being a waiter.. there's no ultimate goal like getting your wings.. life will always suck. so.. tip your waiters!

Having just experienced my first real helmet fire on FAM-3, that's an interesting analogy . . .

SpeedyJ

SNA, Meridian
nittany03 said:
Shame you're not in VT-3 though. Our PM SDOs can sleep after the planes are all on deck! :)

Might want to check your info on that, we had an Airforce stud almost get kicked out of the service for sleeping while on night SDO duty in VT-3 a couple of months back. He was charged with deriliction of duty, falsifying government documents, conduct unbecoming, etc. Don't chance it, drink Redbull or coffee and stay awake, its your duty!

Status
Not open for further replies.