• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS If War Comes, Will the U.S. Navy Be Prepared?

nodropinufaka

Disagreeing is perfectly fine. The issue you have here is that your lack of academic rigor males your disagreement seem more obstinate than anything else. Just saying “I have a different point of view” is pointless if you can’t deliver on your analysis.
I feel like I delivered on my analysis.

I said that we have no idea how the conflict plays out with China due to multiple reasons.

I never said TACAIR wasn’t going to be a part. I simply said for all we know TACAIR may not even have a role at all. Because none of us know what’s going to happen.

But everyone here views the conflict from an OPLAN point of view which I suspect why there is so many disagreements. I don’t see a war with China happening in a direct engagement. I stated that if there is any conflict it could be in TWN or some sort of proxy war to which I was told that I was completely wrong and that would never happen.

Diplomacy is one of our governments strongest traits and I think that diplomacy is going to keep the China conflict contained because political will to go fight China doesn’t exist.

Our country just came from 20 years of fighting endless conflicts in the Middle East which we ended up losing.

So I feel politically we will be more inclined to use diplomacy now.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
For example our trade and economy with China-

We are intertwined with China at this point. It would devastate our economy stopping.

Noting in this report says anything of the sort.

Everyone in the CCMD I worked at before I got out is convinced we’d be at war with China by 2025

See example here:

Can you pick a better example than a three year old opinion piece? I mean, why not this piece that shatters your point of view?

nodropinufaka

Noting in this report says anything of the sort.

Can you pick a better example than a three year old opinion piece? I mean, why not this piece that shatters your point of view?

For one, the opinion piece is by a Harvard International Relations Professor.

The one you posted is interesting too because even the General stated that the TWN conflict could be Asymmetric in nature- which is what I said too.

nodropinufaka

This is a good statement. It is amazing to me how often we "get our way" when it comes to some really big stuff or at least come to a stable~ish détente.
A good recent example was our ability to get KJU to come to the negotiating table without the threat of force. No other President or administration before Trump was able to do that.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
because political will to go fight China doesn’t exist.
Really? Say who? By what metric do you measure this? This is among the most pathetic things you have written because “political will” is a thing in a moment. You sound like every other crackpot who tested the US and her allies (they are weak, they don’t have the political will, they are playboys).

conflicts in the Middle East which we ended up losing.
Seriously? Once more I ask…says who? Tell us, from your intelligence and academic experience what was the end game of the conflicts in the Middle East? What metric is victory? Why only 20 years? My first taste of combat was in the Middle East in 1983 and we haven’t stopped since. Indeed, we are still fighting in the Middle East. Is “lost” even a metric in a war that is going on 40 plus years?

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
For one, the opinion piece is by a Harvard International Relations Professor.

The one you posted is interesting too because even the General stated that the TWN conflict could be Asymmetric in nature- which is what I said too.
Harvard? So what, I too have lectured at Harvard. It is still a work of fiction. The article I posted is the perfect example of your flaw in debating this matter…ALL war is asymmetric in nature. If we made a traditional Normandy like landing on the coast of China it would be asymmetrical. In short, it is a meaningless metric.

nodropinufaka

Really? Say who? By what metric do you measure this? This is among the most pathetic things you have written because “political will” is a thing in a moment. You sound like every other crackpot who tested the US and her allies (they are weak, they don’t have the political will, they are playboys).

Seriously? Once more I ask…says who? Tell us, from your intelligence and academic experience what was the end game of the conflicts in the Middle East? What metric is victory? Why only 20 years? My first taste of combat was in the Middle East in 1983 and we haven’t stopped since. Indeed, we are still fighting in the Middle East. Is “lost” even a metric in a war that is going on 40 plus years?
You clearly took the political will portion out of context.

What do you mean? We lost the war in Afghanistan. We spent 20 years there and walked out in the middle of the night and the Taliban regained all the control.

We lost Iraq too. Left and then Isis took over. Sure Saddam is gone but they’re not really any better off. And ISIS is out of control.

Same with Vietnam. We lost after years of fighting and the political will of the country didn’t want it anymore.

nodropinufaka

Harvard? So what, I too have lectured at Harvard. It is still a work of fiction. The article I posted is the perfect example of your flaw in debating this matter…ALL war is asymmetric in nature. If we made a traditional Normandy like landing on the coast of China it would be asymmetrical. In short, it is a meaningless metric.
Umm. All war is not asymmetric in warfare.

If we made a beach landing in China that’s conventional warfare

Griz882

pilot
Contributor

What do you mean? We lost the war in Afghanistan. We spent 20 years there and walked out in the middle of the night and the Taliban regained all the control.

We lost Iraq too. Left and then Isis took over. Sure Saddam is gone but they’re not really any better off. And ISIS is out of control.

Same with Vietnam. We lost after years of fighting and the political will of the country didn’t want it anymore.
SNARK! Just SNARK! OK scholar, where did you get your doctorate? Broadly, what was your dissertation topic?

Griz882

pilot
Contributor

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
A good recent example was our ability to get KJU to come to the negotiating table without the threat of force. No other President or administration before Trump was able to do that.
Although Jimmy Carter (as statesman and former president) and KJU's grandfather seemed to have an extremely productive dialog- which unfortunately lasted only a few weeks before old Kim suddenly kicked the bucket.

Now, it's a fair argument that Kim Sr. was really just stringing us along but it's also a big question mark in history of what might have been.

But yeah, the DJT and KJU talks were a case of "I did not expect that to actually happen," whatever else was going on behind the scenes with China or anybody else.

Last edited:

Griz882

pilot
Contributor

On ISIS, from a real think tank…

Another good example that your meaning of “win” and “lose” is rather sophomoric.

As for Vietnam…

Victory is measured in decades, loss is measured in moments.