• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Individual Augmentee (IA) info & questions

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Flash said:
NMCI and OneNet, what the heck are they? (I actually am serious about OneNet, I have never heard of it)
OneNet is the overseas version of NMCI... Luckily they have only done the NIPR migration for my command.

Unfortunately, I have seen and used both.... yeck...

McNamara

Copilot, actually.
pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
Ahh, but see, now that you've volunteered for one IA you are prime meat for the next one that comes along regardless....

That's what I was thinking until yesterday. Apparently (and I suspected this before it was confirmed) the wing leadership does not want to send any JGs on any IAs. They're against it in principle, possibly because they figure we might not be in the Navy for much longer and it would be a "waste" of a career-enhancing tour to send us. It makes more sense from their perspective to send an O-4 who needs IA to get a good set of follow-on orders or to boost him on the next selection board. That's understandable, but I wish they could just come out and say "you're never going, period" rather than having to hear it through back channels.

Of course they could always change their minds.

Harrier Dude said:
What you say:

"I'm Lt. Johnson, and I'd like to volunteer for an IA with a combat unit in either Iraq or Afganistan, preferably one in the field and not in HOA or Gitmo"

What they hear:

"Lt. Johnson Blah Blah Blah volunteer for an IA Blah Blah Blah either Iraq Blah Blah Blah HOA or Gitmo"

LOL, pretty damn funny! Probably exactly how it is, too.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Mac, brother... We need to work on your communication skills, man. Here I am, keeping you up-to-date on my personal life and the best stripclubs in West Palm Beach, and I have to resort to airwarriors to know that you're NOT headed to hadji land? Where's the love? I guess I'll have to stop in your neck of the woods on my way to the Stumps and learn you some respect (in the form of borderline alcohol poisoning, of course).

McNamara

Copilot, actually.
pilot
gaijin6423 said:
Mac, brother... We need to work on your communication skills, man. Here I am, keeping you up-to-date on my personal life and the best stripclubs in West Palm Beach, and I have to resort to airwarriors to know that you're NOT headed to hadji land? Where's the love? I guess I'll have to stop in your neck of the woods on my way to the Stumps and learn you some respect (in the form of borderline alcohol poisoning, of course).

Yeah...sent you an email regarding that. You'll get your chance!

For the rest of the forum, don't hold your breath but it looks like I may be going after all. This time it's a different billet, and the wing has absolutely no volunteers, so they figured they would ask me to make a decision in 15 minutes while I'm already on detachment. Brilliant. It's a year in A-stan, by the way.

Of course, I'm just waiting to hear the "Psych!" again, but they seem pretty desperate so maybe they've done a 180 on their "no O-2" policy. A call in the middle of the night (for me, end of the workday for them) has we-need-some-body-now written all over it.

So how can I utilize this to my advantage? What can I squeeze out of the detailer in return?

S.O.B.

pilot
IA tracker

Here's a great way to keep track of your IA

Attachments

• Navy Time Tracker.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 268

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I used that for my entire year in Bahrain. It had the time portrayed in a donut graphic...."The Donut of Pain" or "Toroid of Pain" as we called it.

Oddly the SWOS liked the donut reference best.

Cheers,
G

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I used that for my entire year in Bahrain. It had the time portrayed in a donut graphic...."The Donut of Pain" or "Toroid of Pain" as we called it.

Cheers,
G

Toroid of Pain - I love that one!

Brett

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None

Cheers,
G

The Marines prefer the term "Doughtnut of Misery". I attached mine for laughs.

Attachments

• Doughnut of Misery.xls
    22 KB · Views: 109

jrod22

Naval individual augmentees program include officers as well

I was curious if anyone knows about this program of the navy training sailors for ground war fare to support the Marines and Army in Iraq and Afghanistan. If this is the wrong place for this thread I apologize, just feel this is important information to learn about and possibly share.

Thanks to anyone willing to contribute.

IRfly

None
The short answer is yes, it does include officers. Use the forum's search function (upper-right corner) to find the threads in which this topic has already been discussed.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not sure if all the threads are public, but try a search for "Individual Augment" w/ the quotes and you'll see some more info about it.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I also had a question.

I was curious if anyone knows about this program of the Navy training Sailors for air warfare to support the Marines and Army in Iraq and Afghanistan. If this is the wrong place for this thread I apologize, just feel this is important information to learn about and possibly share.

Thanks to anyone willing to contribute.:)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I also had a question.

I was curious if anyone knows about this program of the Navy training Sailors for air warfare to support the Marines and Army in Iraq and Afghanistan. If this is the wrong place for this thread I apologize, just feel this is important information to learn about and possibly share.

Thanks to anyone willing to contribute.:)

I think that's called CNATRA. :D

Brett