• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

It's good to be Tom (Cruise that is)

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
It is kind of funny seeing non-military guys flying military aircraft in "tactical" aerobatics without suffient knowledge or training. The L-39 guy who crashed at TICO blows my mind. His profile on Myspace said he was an Israeli fighter pilot but there is no reference anywhere as to what he flew or if he did in fact fly for the Israeli's. He did however graduate from Embry Riddle......after his so-called Israeli fighter pilot stint. Can anyone corroberate Elion Krugman-Kadi's background? PS- I bet Angelina Jolie could take Cruise in the merge!

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Rosie

It is a well known aerodynamic fact that Rosie O'Donell cannot fly....she just beats the air into submission. :icon_tong

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
It is a well known aerodynamic fact that Rosie O'Donell cannot fly....she just beats the air into submission. :icon_tong

The reason I heard; it's not that she can fly but since she's so ugly the earth just repels her. :eek:

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Funny. Why doesn't she just go back to her planet? She makes Elisabeth Hasselbeck so much hotter.

KBayDog

Ladies and gentlemen this is your first officer, Bruce Dickinson...
...on behalf of our captain, Eddie, I would like to thank you for flying Astraeus airlines....
Aces-High.jpg

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
It is a little known fact that John Travolta was actually a Major in the Air Force flying the ultra secret B-3 bomber.

He flew under the alias Vic 'Deak' Deakins

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Scientologists should not be allowed near airplanes. Travolta at least does not jump up and down on the couch like Cruise does.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Scientologists should not be allowed near airplanes. Travolta at least does not jump up and down on the couch like Cruise does.

Yeah but he did finance that Battlefield: Earth movie, which makes him equally certifiable.

It is kind of funny seeing non-military guys flying military aircraft in "tactical" aerobatics without suffient knowledge or training. The L-39 guy who crashed at TICO blows my mind

L-39s are pretty popular among the rich and the elite. I have flown back seat in one twice. Awesome ride, despite the fact that you can pretty much watch the fuel guage drop like a bad habit.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah but he did finance that Battlefield: Earth movie, which makes him equally certifiable.

L-39s are pretty popular among the rich and the elite. I have flown back seat in one twice. Awesome ride, despite the fact that you can pretty much watch the fuel guage drop like a bad habit.
Saw one of those while flying back from McChord to NUW . . . he was probably at 3500 MSL and climbing, and there's no way was he doing 250 . . .

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I am rated in the L-29....they (and the L-39) do not perform as good as a T-2 or T-45.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

He might have been misled on that one becuse it was the "great work" by the founder of Scientology, L Ron Hubbard, and now it is rumored that the church was responsible for buying so many copies to catapult it onto the best seller list and then recycle them back onto the shelves (see Wiki article). Hubbard obviously became very wealthy while the public and perhaps Travolta thought it was so popular that it would make a great movie and tribute to the founder of his chosen religion. Guess they could turn out the requisite number of the troops to watch it enough to keep it from tanking.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
He might have been misled on that one becuse it was the "great work" by the founder of Scientology, L Ron Hubbard, and now it is rumored that the church was responsible for buying so many copies to catapult it onto the best seller list and then recycle them back onto the shelves (see Wiki article). Hubbard obviously became very wealthy while the public and perhaps Travolta thought it was so popular that it would make a great movie and tribute to the founder of his chosen religion. Guess they could turn out the requisite number of the troops to watch it enough to keep it from tanking.
What? Scientology misleading people? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_and_psychiatry