• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

It's good to be Tom (Cruise that is)

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
He might have been misled on that one becuse it was the "great work" by the founder of Scientology, L Ron Hubbard, and now it is rumored that the church was responsible for buying so many copies to catapult it onto the best seller list and then recycle them back onto the shelves (see Wiki article). Hubbard obviously became very wealthy while the public and perhaps Travolta thought it was so popular that it would make a great movie and tribute to the founder of his chosen religion. Guess they could turn out the requisite number of the troops to watch it enough to keep it from tanking.

I dont know. It was rumored that he was going to fork over more cash to produce the sequel...even after the first one flopped.

Its been a long time since I have flown in the Albatross, so I honestly dont remember what we cruised at, but I do remember not being overly impressed with its overall performance.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
FAA Registry
Name Inquiry Results

JOHN JOSEPH TRAVOLTA

Certificates
1 of 1

DOI:12/12/2005Certificate:PRIVATE PILOT
Rating(s):PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Type Ratings
P/B-707 P/B-720 P/CE-500 P/G-1159 P/HS-125 P/LR-JET

Limits
B-707 SIC PRIVILEGES ONLY.CE-500 (VFR ONLY).
Odd that he only has SIC privileges in the 707; you think he would try to move up (though I doubt he is the coffee bitch when flying around).

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
His insurance should be cheaper flying with a competent pilot....as if that matters...Albatross cruises at about 285 True for best gas. L-29 Trues out at 235.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Odd that he only has SIC privileges in the 707; you think he would try to move up (though I doubt he is the coffee bitch when flying around).
That FAA registry has been out of date for a long time.

Also, Quantas put him through 747 training and qualified him to fly there as a no-shit FO. For this, he has to have some sort of a commercial license at a minimum. I think it might have even have had to be an Austrilian license which is in many ways harder to get than a U.S. one. Lots more test, etc.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
In Australia, you have to be able to wrestle a wallaby to get your license. True story.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Name: JOLIE, ANGELINA
Airman's Address : 1990 S BUNDY DR STE 200
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025-5249
FAA Region: Western/Pacific
Airman Certificates: Private Pilot (foreign based)
Airplane Single Engine Land
Instrument Airplane

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kristofferson was pilot first, then actor/singer

Kristofferson joined the Army in 1960 and became a pilot.

He was son of a general and joined Army after becoming a Rhodes scholar rising to rank of captain while serving as a helo pilot. He then chased a career (and Rita Coolidge) songwriting which led to singing and acting initially supporting himself as a commercial helo pilot.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
The real sign that you have 'arrived' ... instead of a driveway, you have a taxiway ...

Travolta likes to make good use of the large backseat in his jumbo jet...:)

JohnTravoltaIsGay.jpg

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Travolta likes to make good use of the large backseat in his jumbo jet...:)
One of the contract FAs we use on the VIP 727 I sometimes fly has worked on Travolta's 707 and Gulfstream.

She has said these things:

- He really is a pretty decent pilot.

- He is a really nice person.

- When his wife and/or kids travel with him, there is a mixture of male and female FAs.

- When he travels alone, all the FAs are male - and they provide extra services as requested......

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
One of the contract FAs we use on the VIP 727 I sometimes fly has worked on Travolta's 707 and Gulfstream.

She has said these things:

- He really is a pretty decent pilot.

- He is a really nice person.

- When his wife and/or kids travel with him, there is a mixture of male and female FAs.

- When he travels alone, all the FAs are male - and they provide extra services as requested......

Well then I guess you can't tell by the way he walks....:eek:

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I was just hoping that it was a more acceptable cheek kiss and the camera just caught a weird angle. After the flight attendant anecdote I also had an adverse reaction. His wife is friggin smokin' hot. Guess homosexuality isn't a choice after all.