• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board MARCH-01-21

eahmed4

Was never really all that hopeful about Intel anyways yet I am still anxious about results as well. Maybe I can expect a miracle lol

mcarrs

Getting nervous now. After initially separating, it’s challenging to find meaningful work with all of the benefits the Navy has to offer. Separating and getting a degree was the fastest route however, due to the 16 credit limit tuition assistance cap they have every year. Good luck to everyone! Hope we see something soon!

Getting nervous now. After initially separating, it’s challenging to find meaningful work with all of the benefits the Navy has to offer. Separating and getting a degree was the fastest route however, due to the 16 credit limit tuition assistance cap they have every year. Good luck to everyone! Hope we see something soon!
If I don’t picked up, I’m also getting out and reapplying from the outside in.
What challenges did you encounter applying as a prior service civilian?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I was prior USAF, separated, and then applied a year and a half later. There aren't many challenges IMO... but you will have a medical record tied to your military service you may have to contend with. If there wasn't anything major with medical it won't be a big deal. It's nice having to time to go through the application process without being bogged down by active duty requirements.

zarevich

Why get out to just keep reapplying? If you don't get picked up from outside, you will have to wait 6 months because there are not many ways to improve your package to reapply earlier. That is wasted (some situation is not) time you could have been adding for an earlier retirement and more pay once you do get picked up.

ctiyn

Hello! I'm actually applying for June 2021 IWC board but I have a waiver question and I apologize in advance if this issue was brought up before and I didn't catch it. I wanted to ask here first before bugging the fleet OPC:

For anyone who has submitted waiver for OAR (higher than 45 but below 50):
Did you use Pg.8 of OPNAV 1420/1 to request OAR waiver or did you have to submit a formal waiver letter to OPC via email in addition to pg. 8?