• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jet Blue

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Well it's down. The gear stayed down and the nose remained at 90 degrees. Captain kept it on centerline the whole way.. OUTSTANDING JOB!!

Nose is completely melted.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
GREAT F*CKING JOB !!! WELL DONE, BOYS !!!

Time to go debrief and squeeze some limes .... :icon_rast

makana

I wake up in the morning & I piss excellence.
pilot
HAL Pilot said:
Captain kept it on centerline the whole way..
I can't even keep centerline that well with fully functional landing gear. :eek:

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
I dont know if any of you saw, but they stopped just pass the touchdown markings meaning that had fewer than 1000 feet left. Not much left on a 11000 foot runway.

makana

pilot
mules83 said:
I dont know if any of you saw, but they stopped just pass the touchdown markings meaning that had fewer than 1000 feet left. Not much left on a 10000 foot runway.
Talking heads reported the runway to be 12,000' at LAX and that they used up 95% of it. Good call to go to LAX and not back to Burbank.

makana

pilot
mules83 said:
11096 to be exact for 25L
11096 is closer to 12000 than it is to 10000. :icon_tong j/k
The talking heads rounded up 994'. Of course these were the same people that claimed the planes was "dumping" fuel out over the Pacific.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
makana said:
11096 is closer to 12000 than it is to 10000. :icon_tong j/k
The talking heads rounded up 994'. Of course these were the same people that claimed the planes was "dumping" fuel out over the Pacific.

But it is 904, not 994. I guess we are even. ;)

makana

pilot
mules83 said:
But it is 904, not 994. I guess we are even. ;)
You got me. I'm digging into my bag of excuses and coming up empty handed. I ran out of fingers and toes.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
makana said:
Talking heads reported the runway to be 12,000' at LAX and that they used up 95% of it. Good call to go to LAX and not back to Burbank.

Only a fool would take a transport catagory jet into BUR with anything less then a Value Jet get it down or burn to death in flight type of emergency. It is simply too short and congested. That they seriously thought about LGB is something I would not have done. Then again, maybe the didn't consider LGB. It was a press report after all. ;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
makana said:
......The talking heads ......claimed the planes was "dumping" fuel out over the Pacific.

Actually, it was the heads being flushed by 140 nervous and excited passengers .... :icon_mi_1