• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

markkyle66

Any word on how many of this months applicants were applying via BDCP? I recall someone posting board stats from navyocs.org (I think) on here with a break drown of all the results. Not sure how to get to it!

Congrats guys!

adimas

July Final Select SNA
I received a call today at 2:45p.m. from my recruiter unfortunately my phone was in my car all day long. He left a message telling me to call him back but when I did at 8 he didn't pick up.

Sooo....I guess I will found out tomorrow if I was selected or not. Hopefully him calling me means good news.

24M
6/6/5 52
2.7 GPA Crim./Forensic Science minor.
LOR'S: Senator J.C. (just asking the board for all due consideration of my packet, nothing extravagant.) (2) Navy CMDR's Reserve Hornet Piliots VFA-201 and VFA-204.
(3) Ex-Employers; one of those being a Federal Law Enforcement Agency.
(1) Church adminstrator detaling my Mission Trip's to Guatamala and Mexico whom was on the trip's with me.
(1) Letter from my supervisor a Non-Profit Childrens Court advocay program which I was involved with for three years.

Professional Interviews: (1) Navy Captain (Ex-Hornet Squadron CO deployed Iraqi fredom), Current Training Air Wing SIX CO. (1) Reserve CMDR Piliot (Highly decorated from operation Iraqi Freedom).

Grew up around Military Simulation due to my father's job and even got the chance to work there and get many hours flying around F-16's F/A-18's C-130's and various army helicopters (Never had the necessary security credientials to go in the B-2 Lab or the F-22). That job was how I knew all my Navy LOR's personally since they were working as contractors flight testing the simulators before they were delivered.

Many random awards, sports and recoginations. Most notible being a Texas 5A Academic all State Football Team selection.

Negative's: marjuana use 4-5 years ago
and my sub-par GPA.

Hope my resume to the board was enough. We will see tommorow. If not I will just resubmit intill they take me.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
23/F
50 ASTB 5/5/5 Intel/Supply/SWO
3.17 from Villanova University Double Major in Accounting and Finance
President of Women's Club Lax
In a Sorority, Activities Chair, Chaplan
Habitat For Humanity
7 year Ocean Lifeguard and 3 years as a Captain with certifications in CPR, AED, First Aid
Captain of Varsity Track with All-League Hurdels
Varsity Swimming, Varsity Lax, Varsity Soccer
AP Scholar with Honors
4 Strong LORs one from my current Employeer and one from a former Employeer/former Army Intel

I'm extremely confused. I was told by my recruiter that I was in for the July boards but when I spoke with him today he said that he hadn't received any information on my status yet. Is this normal? He thinks that some parts of the country were told before others.

Congrats to all who have made it so far!

I'm in a similar boat. I've been getting conflicting information as well and, unfortunately, my OR and his backup are both on leave.

To my understanding, my packet was submitted in time for the July aviation boards. I checked with a friend who's an O and my name wasn't located on "the list", however, he's on the west coast.

I contacted a sister NRD that has access to my area's results and they said that the SNA/NFO results for July for my region were, as of yesterday late afternoon, unavailable.

I explained to her the situation with my primary office and she said to call back today and she would attempt to work with some of the ORs to see if they could access their list of pro-recs.

Can anyone clarify, similar to what kpalad was addressing above, if results have been released in a piecemeal fashion in the past or if certain regions only get lists pertaining to their applicant pool?

Thanks in advance and congrats to those on their way. If this doesn't work the first time, I'm just going to become a further pain in the ass and resubmit until I get selected.

bottlenose

Im trying to be patient but I still havent received a call from my OR. I emailed him yesterday and he said he hadnt seen any results yet. He did confirm though that I was on the at board list. Can anyone else tell me if I was pro-rec'd or not? I need to get these bricks off my shoulders, its the not knowing that is driving me crazy! If anyone is able to do so, please PM me.

runron

Same situation here; my OR told me he did not receive the results yet, and that I should wait till next week. I’m hoping that won’t be the case, and maybe the results will be posted today, otherwise there are good chances I will be going straight to the loony bin if I have to endure three more days of this torture. Anyways, good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting and congratulations to those who have made it so far.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Just found out I didn't make it to the July boards and will be seen for the August boards.

At least I wasn't given the no go!!!

August here I come!

Time to take advantage of this and further strengthen my packet.

Willyb153

I was just told by my recruiting office the July board results were out but unofficial and didnt want to give word yet.

Cloak

Just spoke to my buddies recruiter. He said he just checked his site and the results weren't listed. He also said, when I told him that the folks here on the Airwarriors site had their results, he said, "That's BS, I don't know where they are getting their information but something is seriously flawed if that's the case" Interesting haha.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Talked to my recruiter today and he said that my package has a date of July 20th, 2009 - meaning my package is there and all packages usually have to be in by at least the 25th of the month in order to be seen for the following month.

So my package has been approved for August boards it sounds like. I'm still curious to see if I actually did make July, but at this point, I'm preparing to be seen in August.

My recruiter is scheduling interviews w/ my NRD's Skipper, XO (NFO) and another O-5 who is now a PAO but was an NFO.

Oh well, Congrats to everyone who's found out and good luck to everyone else who's waiting!

SassyGranny

I thought I'd take a moment to chime in with an intro and some basic info, because I know people find specifics interesting when comparing to their own situation, etc. I'm the mom of a former enlisted female. She gets impatient with me when I ask "dumb" questions, so I've been lurking here to learn as much as I can about this process. She doesn't hang around here much, so I'll do the honors. She got the official call from her recruiter this afternoon that she was Pro Rec'd NFO and SWO. NFO was her first choice.

27-F
5-5-5 46
Former enlisted (3 yrs) - AT2
NFO/SWO BDCP
4.0 GPA at Embry-Riddle (online) - Aeronautics Management

She didn't go overboard with LORs, etc. In fact, I don't believe she had any real letters - a few employers filled out some form. She had one interview with a LCDR at Millington. And that was it.

I suspect her major and GPA, along with an exemplary service record, were major factors. But, who knows?

I'm sweating out the physical because of some medical history issues, but she's not worried. She'll do fine on the PRT, and apparently her security clearance is already in place. Next phase of waiting begins.

Thanks for sharing all the great information!