• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

runron

SNA BDCP Pro Rec’d !!! :D

Sorry to hear about the ones that didn’t make it. All I can say is don’t lose hope; if you truly want this you will get it. Good luck !

runron

I thought I'd take a moment to chime in with an intro and some basic info, because I know people find specifics interesting when comparing to their own situation, etc. I'm the mom of a former enlisted female. She gets impatient with me when I ask "dumb" questions, so I've been lurking here to learn as much as I can about this process. She doesn't hang around here much, so I'll do the honors. She got the official call from her recruiter this afternoon that she was Pro Rec'd NFO and SWO. NFO was her first choice.

27-F
5-5-5 46
Former enlisted (3 yrs) - AT2
NFO/SWO BDCP
4.0 GPA at Embry-Riddle (online) - Aeronautics Management

She didn't go overboard with LORs, etc. In fact, I don't believe she had any real letters - a few employers filled out some form. She had one interview with a LCDR at Millington. And that was it.

I suspect her major and GPA, along with an exemplary service record, were major factors. But, who knows?

I'm sweating out the physical because of some medical history issues, but she's not worried. She'll do fine on the PRT, and apparently her security clearance is already in place. Next phase of waiting begins.

Thanks for sharing all the great information!

SassyGranny I’m glad to hear the good news about your daughter…Congrats ! You know your daughter and I are practically classmates or better said virtual classmates as I am also attending ERAU online.

bottlenose

Well good news for me is that being that I didnt get SNA selected, I was offered a second interview with a Air Refuel Squadron for the AFR at a base not too far from where I live. Back in April I interviewed with them and placed 3rd out of 8 guys. The CO of the squadron said I should come back for a second interview next time they hold them. Sure enough I recently got an email from one of the pilots inviting me back for an interview in September! Looks like I will be able to interview and hopefully score a slot with them this time.

SassyGranny

Ronrun...congrats! It's great to know that online students have a strong shot and making it. Sometimes that's the only way to go!

Did you have difficulty getting your degree plan signed off by ERAU? That was one of the biggest sticking points in the whole process. They acted as if they had never heard of such - made her attach a rider relieving them of any responsibility for completion of the degree plan as submitted. It was totally weird.

runron

Ronrun...congrats! It's great to know that online students have a strong shot and making it. Sometimes that's the only way to go!

Did you have difficulty getting your degree plan signed off by ERAU? That was one of the biggest sticking points in the whole process. They acted as if they had never heard of such - made her attach a rider relieving them of any responsibility for completion of the degree plan as submitted. It was totally weird.

It was because of the degree plan I got pushed to July. My OR forgot to mention I had to complete a degree plan and submit it along with the application until a week before the June deadline. But at the time I wasn’t worried as I figured it would only take a day, two at most before I complete it and send it to ERAU for signature and just in time before the deadline. Boy was I wrong; I received the signed copy a day after the deadline. I had to go through the same process as you did. Perhaps I should call now and thank them because who knows if my luck would have played out the same in June as it did for July. Lord works in mysterious ways !!!

When have you planned the graduation date? Mine is set for December next year. I just hope that I won’t have to start before April…from what I hear Newport, RI is not very nice in winter. On second thought I’m from Ohio so I imagine it can’t be much worse than here.

adimas

July Final Select SNA
Got the word Friday- Pro-Rec SNA. I was actually 50/50 if I was going to get selected the first time around. Good luck to all those re-applying again. If I wasn't selected this time my plan was to find (1) more willing O-6 for an interview. Its hard and time consuming to find someone willing to help you but I think it definitely shows iniative and desire in your packets; even if it does take you 3 months to find and schedule.

I actually waited to submit in July rather then May due to my 0-6 interview not be avaible to talk to me for almost 2 months due to his Navy obligations.

SassyGranny

When have you planned the graduation date? Mine is set for December next year. I just hope that I won?t have to start before April?from what I hear Newport, RI is not very nice in winter. On second thought I?m from Ohio so I imagine it can?t be much worse than here.

She has four more terms to go (these are accelerated terms...12 weeks long...for those of you unfamiliar with ERAU curriculum), so she's looking at about this time next year. I suspect she'll be in a late fall/early winter class. Shouldn't be toooooo bad! It'll make her tougher! :)

mojaveman12

I also got the call from my recruiter on Friday. Pro Rec SNA, I couldn't believe it when he told me. Congrats to everyone else who was selected and good luck to those reapplying.

EnsignFarris

Me too, I've been preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Good luck to everyone who hasnt heard and to those who didn't make it this go round

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Those of you all that made it: Now is the time to start pushing yourself even harder than when you were applying.

It's easy to say that you made it and deserve to take some time off before ramping up for OCS. Not true.

markkyle66

Congrats guys! I spoke with my NRD this morning and it turns out I was rolled to the August boards... that's ok I guess, I have a giant stack of models to work on till then! Good luck to the rest of you still waiting!

Mark

runron

She has four more terms to go (these are accelerated terms...12 weeks long...for those of you unfamiliar with ERAU curriculum), so she's looking at about this time next year. I suspect she'll be in a late fall/early winter class. Shouldn't be toooooo bad! It'll make her tougher! :)

Very close, I have five more terms to go before graduation. I just hope that my OCS date would come soon after. For DAs from the time they get their final select to their OCS date I see it could take anywhere from 1 to 4 months (sometimes even longer); I?m not quite sure if the wait time for BDCPers is the same after the graduation. I figure that if they know our graduation date in advance they could plan the OCS date with a shorter wait time, but I don?t know if that is the case.

Ajleger

This could be somewhat misinformed, but it seems that most BDCP guys seem to get a date roughly a month after graduating. I graduate August 8th, and have a date of Sept 13.. Of course, the guys who graduated this past spring had a long wait