• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

King Kat opening 31OCT2008

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
Any suggestion for the names on the shirts? Besides Kat Officer?

Just a few suggestions for the shirt stencils...

The guy who pulls the handle may actually be the Shooter.

The guy who does the dance and heckles sounds a lot like the Air Boss (or just Boss) to me.

The LSO is perfect, heckler, taunter and don't forget legally blind. :D

The Recovery Team reminds me of the Crash Crew.

You could use Mini Boss (or just Mini) for the light operator.

The Grape is what it is.

The other two you could just use the appropriate division designation (i.e. V-3 or V-1).

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
The boss should be in the "tower" , observing everything and commmenting via the 5mc. Ridicule should be the order of the day.
A ready room chair on a 4-5 ft platform chair would be a good start...
I can hear the 5mc now..."Rrrrrrrrreaadddyy on the flight deck, hornet shooting cat 1, walk the catsss..."

Consider a Arresting Gear Officer too on the lineup lights (aka blinding strobe ligts completely out of sequence on (off?) centerline)...

Once again, outstanding job. I've got to figure out how to get some folks to go cross country down there. Hey Rob, you in?

edit: a ribbon of LED's from Home Depot would suffice, and they're waterproof!

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
The boss should be in the "tower" , observing everything and commmenting via the 5mc. Ridicule should be the order of the day.
A ready room chair on a 4-5 ft platform chair would be a good start...
I can hear the 5ms now..."Rrrrrrrrreaadddyy on the flight deck, hornet shooting cat 1, walk the catsss..."

I gotta see this :D

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've got to figure out how to get some folks to go cross country down there. Hey Rob, you in?

Nope, I have other plans.....maybe after our DET, holidays, etc. Wifey says it's family time.

-ea6bflyr ;)

rare21

pilot
Contributor
man i'd love to take a day off and go up (yes that's how south Texas I am) to Kingsville to check this thing out. gotta work halloween but you have any dates going on the week of November 17th through the 23rd? Still, I dont know how much fun a drunk, fat, south Texas, Mexican American cop would be????;)

MasterBates

Right now, 31 OCT, 6 NOV, 7 NOV are the only "hard scheduled" dates.

I anticipate it being used for winging parties and other special occasions on a regular basis. I'll post when its open here.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any thought to covering the back side of the cart with squadron stickers?

It could become the thing to zap in CC.

p1brule

Frenchy
pilot
I will be the Grape tomorrow. Anyone, not just OKs will be getting drinks. This is going to be EPIC!!!!

MasterBates

Hook down has been moved by "the man" to 1830L. I think the commissioning ceremony will begin before that.

Deck Crew that has not picked up jerseys yet, I have them in the truck, just bring your Khaki Pants/BDU pants as appropriate.

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
Good Luck and have fun. A post mission BDA (non-incriminating, of course) video clip would be great to see.