• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

King Kat opening 31OCT2008

robav8r

None
Contributor
The boss should be in the "tower" , observing everything and commmenting via the 5mc. Ridicule should be the order of the day.
A ready room chair on a 4-5 ft platform chair would be a good start...
I can hear the 5mc now..."Rrrrrrrrreaadddyy on the flight deck, hornet shooting cat 1, walk the catsss..."

Consider a Arresting Gear Officer too on the lineup lights (aka blinding strobe ligts completely out of sequence on (off?) centerline)...

Once again, outstanding job. I've got to figure out how to get some folks to go cross country down there. Hey Rob, you in?

edit: a ribbon of LED's from Home Depot would suffice, and they're waterproof!

. . . . . apparently there is an ASW "crisis" that requires my crews participation before we head out the door on deployment. That would be why I am flying a TOOEX this Saturday night . . . . would absolutely love to be there though. Looking forward to the pics !!!

MasterBates

Went well. We had over 200 shots last night, although too many people pussed out and refused to ride, so we let the "brave ones" ride multiple times

Couple minor bugs, but no big issues.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
It was absolutely awesome. Well designed and safe (sadly). That said the jerk off the Kat shot was pretty solid and the trap was fun. 75% boarding rate. Paddles (complete with float coat and ping pong paddles) was hilarious, though I don't care if paddles is always right, he gave me the cut early on the first pass and I got wet, not that I am bitter.:icon_rage Not bad, just a little cold and wet though. Night traps and lightning traps were a nice touch. Everyone had a blast and all seemed very impressed. Great job to Master and the entire Kat crew. Now where do I get my T-shirt Master?

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
It was definitely a great night. With a little more time to recover I may learn how to post pictures and videos of it. I have a lot.

snocone

pilot
THAT - was awesome last night!
KingKat worked nearly flawless - on the fourth official rider the spring caught the hook and bent - requiring a speed-of-light transit in a diesel truck to Lowes,(that was lots of smoke Master!), for the quick repair part.
Loads of fun and I have the T-shirt to prove I trapped,(will that be worth money some day?).
From the guys I saw - E2/C2 had the best boarding rate - go figure. :)
Skipper of the base had a 25% boarding rate on the first official ride/runs.
Skipper of 21 had a 100% rate for all his passes.
TW-2 Commodore was something like 2%? Ok, 15%. No really - they had to set it on the P-3 setting.
I think a greenie board is in order - i.e. name, boarding rates, passes, etc.. I'm sure lots of ideas can be put up for that. Have something to rate how hard the trap was, i.e. P-3 or night trap aboard a (fill in the blank).

MasterBates

The funny thing is even the E2C2 students had a better boarding rate than the jet guys.

The Commodore did not get the P3 setting. I think the fact that he got on after he had been drinking for a while may have had an issue.

As a side note, a new rule will be if you cry from the peanut gallery "its out of adjustment" or some such shenanigans, and it's found to be IN adjustment, YOU'RE NEXT!