• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

King Kat opening 31OCT2008

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Here is the NASK CO's wife christening the ride with a bottle of San Miguel.....Captain Waddingham taking the first official ride ...
It would have been a sacrilege to christen it w/ anything else -- 'cept mebbe a CUBI Special -- but that's probably too "sticky" ...

And you KNOW you're getting "older" when a USN O-5/6 looks like "a kid" ... :D

GOOD JOB, boys .... keep those traditions alive.

Never forget nor let go of your Navy traditions ... 'cause they're why we're "better" ...
:)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Good work. Final product came out pretty awesome. Should be around for a long while, just make sure it doesn't end up going by the wayside after you leave.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Good work. Final product came out pretty awesome. Should be around for a long while, just make sure it doesn't end up going by the wayside after you leave.
That's what I was wondering, too -- the follow-on care & feeding of the King Kat??? I'm glad someone else is concerned.

Example: we used to have a "nice" swimming pool @ the K-Ville O'Club. We used to have a "great" pool @ the Chase O'Club. Things have a way of disappearing down there ...

Mebbe something in the bar -- a tribute/plaque/history of/to the "origins" of the K-Kat -- a.k.a. the CUBI Cat?? Something that gets people's attention??

It's kinda like the base golf course. The fairways and greens look "good" only if the base CO is a golfer. The Kat will ONLY stay in an "up status" after MasterB is long gone IF the base CO wants it to remain what it is -- a tribute to those who came before you that you can ALL share in ....

MasterBates

I am writing a KingKat NATOPS/MIMS and Hook article currently.

Working on a plaque, and am fabbing up a batch of hard to make stuff for a pack up kit for when I leave.

Anyone got a NATOPS in "editable" format? Something I can change the applicable data to what the Kat is would be great.

JeepGrl

I drive an 85 Jeep CJ7. I know. That's hot.
Pics from Grand Opening

Don't worry mean ol' haole man, at least now we have an MWR Director in Kingsville who actually cares! :p

Attachments

• DSC01710.jpg
    DSC01710.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC01711.jpg
    DSC01711.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC01726.jpg
    DSC01726.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 271

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Actually ... I was gonna' comment on the "grape" in JeepGrl's pix ... as I think lavender would be a more appropriate term.

Question: what do the lavender-shirts do on the flight deck??? :)

robav8r

None
Contributor
I am writing a KingKat NATOPS/MIMS and Hook article currently.

Working on a plaque, and am fabbing up a batch of hard to make stuff for a pack up kit for when I leave.

Anyone got a NATOPS in "editable" format? Something I can change the applicable data to what the Kat is would be great.

MB - I've said it before . . . . it's guys like you that keep me from retiring (although I KNOW I probably should :). You have done an awesome job with the KingKat. Thanks for keeping the best/right Naval traditions alive.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Actually ... I was gonna' comment on the "grape" in JeepGrl's pix ... as I think lavender would be a more appropriate term.

Question: what do the lavender-shirts do on the flight deck??? :)

Well, the "grapes" are the refuelers, correct? It's what they did on the amphib with whom I worked in the Air Division for one of my MIDN cruises...

Or are you making a distinction between "grapes" and lavender-shirts?

phrogpilot73

Well, the "grapes" are the refuelers, correct? It's what they did on the amphib with whom I worked in the Air Division for one of my MIDN cruises...

Or are you making a distinction between "grapes" and lavender-shirts?
He's making fun of the color of the shirt they got. Doesn't look Purple, looks Lavendar. Hear that? It's the clue phone, you might want to answer it. ;)