• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for gouge? Ask your Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation here (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
-(ha'ole) - A racist and derogatory term for white people in Hawaii. Usually in reference to white tourists. Think of it like "gringo".

*Ahem*

That would be haole; not ha'ole.

Close, but no cigar, you steenkin'
malahini haole . :icon_rast

3mokestk7.jpg

red_ryder

None
newbie gringo, gotcha. in A4's, ha'ole "no breath". sounds like it amounts to about the same thing...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
*Ahem*

That would be haole; not ha'ole.

Close, but no cigar, you steenkin'
malahini haole . :icon_rast

3mokestk7.jpg

In High School, I usually heard it as "F'ing Haole"

Never saw so many pasty white dudes trying to act like locals.

I think it would do any person good to go somewhere and be a minority treated with disdain (be it race, creed or religion).

(2) Continue break turn as you assess bandit's pursuit. If bandit pulls lead, continue to generate angles, executing guns defense when appropriate. If bandit overshoots in close with high TCR, execute a maximum performance nose-high reversal to swing the bandit into the forward quarter.

I've searched online and in the PDF manual I'm reading, but I can't find what TCR is.

EDIT: After some more reading through the manual it appears to be closure / overtake. What do the letters stand for?

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
(2) Continue break turn as you assess bandit's pursuit. If bandit pulls lead, continue to generate angles, executing guns defense when appropriate. If bandit overshoots in close with high TCR, execute a maximum performance nose-high reversal to swing the bandit into the forward quarter.

I've searched online and in the PDF manual I'm reading, but I can't find what TCR is.

EDIT: After some more reading through the manual it appears to be closure / overtake. What do the letters stand for?
Could you post a link?

Could you post a link?

I have a link for several ACM manuals, but some I only have in PDF files. The one I had questions about is a PDF file.

I would be happy to post a link, anyone have any objections to posting links to ACM manuals available in the public domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.