• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

truk459

My OR told me that this board was pretty loaded with aps (500+). So i would not rule out the chance that some of us get pushed to the next board date.

I guess the fact that they shut down the boards for jan and feb didn't change the number of aps coming in. who knew? hurry up and wait...

marmy9876

If thats the case im gonna flip my lid, because i had everything done by the 25th, and if i didnt i would have had knowing that was the deadline for the march boards

I know the feeling...my packet was finished and at my recruitment office on 23 OCT (was told the deadline was 25 OCT), only to find out 3 weeks later it wasn't submitted because they changed their deadline to the 21st without telling me. Nevertheless I missed that board, missed NOV for a similar reason, here I am in MAR waiting to hear. Frustrating process.

marmy9876

My OR told me that this board was pretty loaded with aps (500+). So i would not rule out the chance that some of us get pushed to the next board date.

I guess the fact that they shut down the boards for jan and feb didn't change the number of aps coming in. who knew? hurry up and wait...

500+ for all boards? With so many designations I wouldn't think thats too many. Or is that 500 for a single designator?

ryan1234

I'm not sure if this will help or hurt, but here goes....

according to: http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=51782

Navy OCS plans to increase size to 1100 officer candidates for each year for the next five years. There were 633 officer candidates in FY2007, 890 for FY2008, and 1009 for FY2009.

I'm not sure what the split of SNAs, SNFOs, etc... or how that is changing.

truk459

500+ for all boards? With so many designations I wouldn't think thats too many. Or is that 500 for a single designator?

umm....you know i'm not sure, i'm in the SWO board so i would assume that is what my OR is refering to.

But one could reasonably assume that the other boards are going to be similar.

ajalali

pilot
I'm not sure if this will help or hurt, but here goes....

according to: http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=51782

Navy OCS plans to increase size to 1100 officer candidates for each year for the next five years. There were 633 officer candidates in FY2007, 890 for FY2008, and 1009 for FY2009.

I'm not sure what the split of SNAs, SNFOs, etc... or how that is changing.

i mean, i'd take this as good news any day, but i also think that because of whats going on down at corpus right now with the primary freeze, the only way they can alleviate the inundation of new pilots is to.. well.. take less pilots.

lets hope im wrongsies

jtmedli

pilot
If thats the case im gonna flip my lid, because i had everything done by the 25th, and if i didnt i would have had knowing that was the deadline for the march boards

Just keep in mind that most of the people here have been waiting much longer than you. One more month for you is nothing compared to those of us who have had multiple air contracts canceled, boards canceled, packages screwed up, etc... so keep that lid on and don't lose your cool.

mbraesicke

Ranger

pretty sure they didn't shut down the Jan boards. But, from what I've heard, alot us people got rolled from Jan. And of course those of us who got rolled from the cancelled Feb boards

ajalali

pilot
Just keep in mind that most of the people here have been waiting much longer than you. One more month for you is nothing compared to those of us who have had multiple air contracts canceled, boards canceled, packages screwed up, etc... so keep that lid on and don't lose your cool.

besides, thats what being a good pilot is all about. anyone can just fly an airplane.

Shakeszilla

You have to keep in mind that people are applying for 2 or 3 different designators at once. So if there are 500 for the SWO board that doens't mean that all who are accepted will join, especially if they are accepted for SWA or NFO. The #1 SNA, #2 NFO #3 SWO application seems to be pretty common on this site.

nate_j52

besides, thats what being a good pilot is all about. anyone can just fly an airplane.
I know that, although i wouldnt say anyone can fly a plane... just so you know, this is what the Navy can be like, hurry up and wait, no one knows whats going on, or how long anythings gonna take, or there very vague about it, rumors (scuttlebutt) spread like wildfire, and usually start by someone hoping in conversation and it getting turned into someone told me this is whats happening, happens in the civilian world to. We cut circles on the carrier for three months in 2003 not knowing when we were going home, how long we were gonna be at sea, if we were going to the gulf or not, and its not like the upper ranks knew more, the admiral didnt know, then when we got to the gulf the rumors started all over again as to how long we were gonna be there. Thing is im afraid theyll keep pushing it back and then deny my age waiver based on a month or two (i just turned 28). When i enlisted in the Navy first time i wanted Aircrew they told me i could get it once i got to NATTC, thing was they didnt tell me you had to be a citizen to get it so, long story short,, I never got Aircrew, anyway.. im ready to get moving and im pumped,, what i was told was that if there were any errors it got sent back, maybe thats the case, i should have joined this site months ago,, good luck everyone

warface

Banned
alright guys, I just got word from my OR that the boards for April has been canceled and there won't be boards until July.

truk459

alright guys, I just got word from my OR that the boards for April has been canceled and there won't be boards until July.

maybe because they took more than usual in march?

wishful thinking.

This shit is annoying and needs to stop. Even IF this is indeed true, this is not the freakin April Boards!

that doesn't effect the march boards??? that would be pushed to the next board date??