• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

wpothier

IDC isn't a designator, it's the overall corps: Information Dominance Corps. Within, you have Intel, IW, SWO-IW, IP, SWO-IP, OCEANO, SWO-OCEANO, and Cyberwarfare. This board selected for all designators.

As for the wait: I can't speak to active Marines and what access you have/don't have. For civilians, the results will be out via PDF. Recruiters will get them and will call you with the Y or N. The last board had a 9.5% selection rate amongst 400 applicants. That 9.5% included both active selectees and civilian selectees. I expect more of the same for these results when they appear.

Hang in there!

Dang, looks like I just need to shut up and color, and hope I get my results with the civ group. Thanks for the info

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for that clarification. I know CWE is a different process but I/we have always thought that this board looked at them since CWE doesn't have a board date/deadline/etc. on the schedule. Good gouge to know...so thanks!

It is an odd process, think of the process more like the nuke process, review of application, then interview, then acceptance.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
For other civilians out there, my last board (AUG13) the results also posted for AD to BOL late in the day on a Wednesday. I don't think most civilians got word until the following week. Seems like the info for AD is posted to a database right from NRC (I'm assuming, anyways) while civilian results have to push down to the district and office levels before it comes out to us. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride...

exNavyOffRec

For other civilians out there, my last board (AUG13) the results also posted for AD to BOL late in the day on a Wednesday. I don't think most civilians got word until the following week. Seems like the info for AD is posted to a database right from NRC (I'm assuming, anyways) while civilian results have to push down to the district and office levels before it comes out to us. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride...

It is manually put in, it is normal now for AD to get results first, but is really at the discretion of the Director of OCS progams, up until a few years ago the norm for a very very long time was NRD's would get the results while AD waited for the results to be put in the system, then sites like this came about, and AD started finding out before their COC.

exNavyOffRec

PRO-REC-N.
Guess it wasn't meant to be this time...

you seem to have good stats, that should let people know how tough it is to get into IDC, you are young and could go SWO, if there is something in your past that is a red flag that could have sunk you, or if your appraisals weren't high that could have done it.

if you go for it again ditch the LOR's from family friends, the board knows those will be good and provide little value.

Manzo

Amicmanzo
you seem to have good stats, that should let people know how tough it is to get into IDC, you are young and could go SWO, if there is something in your past that is a red flag that could have sunk you, or if your appraisals weren't high that could have done it.

if you go for it again ditch the LOR's from family friends, the board knows those will be good and provide little value.

Will do.
They were all 10's and no red flags (i.e tickets or counselings)
I guess I need a 55+ score for my OAR. That's the only thing I believe that held me down at this time.

exNavyOffRec

Will do.
They were all 10's and no red flags (i.e tickets or counselings)
I guess I need a 55+ score for my OAR. That's the only thing I believe that held me down at this time.

no, an OAR wouldn't have held you back, many have been selected with a lower OAR and many have rec'd a no with a higher OAR.

Is your number one goal to be an officer? If so try SWO. If your number one goal is to stay in IDC then be prepared for the possibility that you might stay in IDC but might not be an officer, the chances of being selected by a designator after already being turned down by them before are not good.

LukeS

N for IDC. Next up will be SWO. @NavyOffRec and @RUFiO181, If I applied for SWO for third option and we all know that they dont look at that, can I submit a package for SWO now as number one option? or do I have to wait until 6 month from today?