• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 23 AMDO board

rrodis

Pro-Res Yes. January 21st!!

What was ur score and degree in? Also what was ur TIS? I got a NO so just wanna know what I need to improve.
I'll pitch in with mine:

Prior enlisted (AM2[AW]) for 5.5 years, honorable discharge
120/310 CDI, supervisor
ERAU - BS in aeronautics: 3.959 CGPA
Rec letters' source: 3 professors (1 was a retired captain), all 3 in the aviation community
OAR: 50
Some extra-curricular activities noted
No medical waivers

rrodis

I’m active duty (E-4). 54 OAR and a degree in Cybersecurity with 3.84 GPA.
Could it be that the active duty personnel applicants' side for this board schedule is more competitive than usual? I may be wrong, but I believe I went against civilians, quota-wise, and I got lucky to be more qualified than others.

exNavyOffRec

Could it be that the active duty personnel applicants' side for this board schedule is more competitive than usual? I may be wrong, but I believe I went against civilians, quota-wise, and I got lucky to be more qualified than others.
Everyone is measured against each other there are not specific quotas for AD or civilian, however AD often have an advantage for AMDO and specifically those in aviation rates who have depot level experience or similar experience.

rrodis

Everyone is measured against each other there are not specific quotas for AD or civilian, however AD often have an advantage for AMDO and specifically those in aviation rates who have depot level experience or similar experience.
thanks for the clarification!

AZ2AMDO

Just to satisfy my curiosity, do they normally notify civilian recruiters/CO'S at the same time or is it civilians first then active duty? I'm assuming recruiters work different hours and were at computers to get notified today rather than tomorrow.