• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 23 AMDO board

AZ2AMDO

But they didnt... or at least that seems to be the case. It's all civilians posting whether they got selected or not as far as I can tell.

AZ2AMDO

My BOL is blank if that's what you mean. It showed the last board a few days ago when I checked but now it shows nothing.

Gizmo85

Yes I’m an AM.
AIRFRAMES!!! I agree with the officer recruiter, it's best to have hands on aviation maint experience. I was an AM was active duty on F-18s, crossed over to an AT/AE equivalent in the Air National Guard on F-22. Now I'm Senior Systems Engineer for the CH-53s and V-280s.

Gizmo85

I made the board as an alternate. I am not entirely sure if I should be celebrating or not.
That's good, that means you are seen as a good addition. In a case someone doesn't go you can take the open slot. When you apply again next round you might be selected.

exNavyOffRec

Alternate is a BOL issue, OCS programs don't do alternates anymore as the selection numbers they get to use are 140-150% of what is actually needed. The used to use alternates for reserve programs but they have now shifted to selecting more than they need and then roll the extra's to the next year.

BOL has needed to be fixed for decades as it still talks about needing "2 yes's" one from the board and one from medical, but you can't go to board without having gone to medical.

scott00567

Yes, the community manager told me it’s essentially a waiting game now to see if/when I will ship out to OCS. Hoping I get some good news.