• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Merged: Vermont ANG F-16 Pilot Grounded for Flyover Fenway

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Damn that would have been cool to see. On a side note: What a freaking dumb ass....

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope, i got the flyover. IMHO it does look pretty freaking close.

Rebel652

pilot
Pretty cool.... Looks like that move the UCAV did in that movie "Stealth" - you know the one with Jessica Biel in it.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Think he was trying to imitate what that AI plane did in Stealth? (Rebel beat me to the punch while I was looking for vid/pics of it!)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah, the ill-advised canopy roll . . .

HuggyU2

None
Maybe a late rejoin with a lot of smash for #4?? Maybe???
Almost as good as Pisser's Hornet flyover, eh?

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Pretty cool.... Looks like that move the UCAV did in that movie "Stealth" - you know the one with Jessica Biel in it.

There were jets in that movie?! All I remember was the Jessica Biel part. :confused::D

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
That looked like a freaking 12 year old who has 4 hours playing Falcon 4.0 was flying that jet. SLOPPY!

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
"Guard spokesman Lt. Col. Lloyd Goodrow said Thursday that the pilot was trying to slow down to keep in formation with the other planes when what he called an 'irregular maneuver' was made."

The pilot was grounded for remedial training.

Link

yeeaaaaa, riiighhhttttt ... it looked to me he didn't have closure under control on purpose.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
it looked to me he didn't have closure under control on purpose.
If closure was such a problem, he should have A. not have attempted a joinup while the formation was coming into view of the crowd. This has bull$hit written all over it. B. If he was late, lead should not have allowed him to join.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
"Guard spokesman Lt. Col. Lloyd Goodrow said Thursday that the pilot was trying to slow down to keep in formation with the other planes when what he called an 'irregular maneuver' was made."

yeeaaaaa, riiighhhttttt ... it looked to me he didn't have closure under control on purpose.

I'm with you. All I can say is BUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLSHIT.

"Irregular maneuver" my ass.

Kind of cool, but way stupid.

That was on purpose. Don't bullshit a bullshitter.

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Never knew the 'ol days, but for some reason I miss them.... Wasn't a seven year old in those stands that didn't go to bed that night dreaming about being a pilot....

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
I'm no safetycrat, and I would highly endorse getting "waivers" for every flyover for high speed and low alt--even turn and burns would be awesome (yes, FAA, we are perfectly capable of flying low, fast AND turning!), but anything with a potnetial for a high-closure-midair over a crowd is just not smart.

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Stu.

Stu Who?

Stuwho viper pilot that is going to make it harder to get waivers from the FAA for flyovers.

But whatever.