• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Merged: Vermont ANG F-16 Pilot Grounded for Flyover Fenway

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
SO you are saying that was not a Sloppy flyby?

Dunno, NMCI won't let me watch the video. However having flown mixed section with them on 2v2, 4vX DCA, OCA, some good deal 1v1 DACT, and some LFE's, I find it hard to believe they did anything wreckless or irresonsible (outside of a bar anyway).

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Dunno, NMCI won't let me watch the video. However having flown mixed section with them on 2v2, 4vX DCA, OCA, some good deal 1v1 DACT, and some LFE's, I find it hard to believe they did anything wreckless or irresonsible (outside of a bar anyway).
OK so a barrel roll on what their Public Affairs people are saying is a bad joinup (runner) at 1500'ish feet is not sloppy? Dude, it looked like $hit! I guess my 8 years as an NFO seeing plenty of form versus his time has no credence. Watch the video before throwing rocks.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator

Attachments

• dougchappy.jpg
    dougchappy.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 40

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK so a barrel roll on what their Public Affairs people are saying is a bad joinup (runner) at 1500'ish feet is not sloppy? Dude, it looked like $hit! I guess my 8 years as an NFO seeing plenty of form versus his time has no credence. Watch the video before throwing rocks.
Seriously. Coming over the stadium with -2 still fishing for proper parade, -3 going "oh crap, I'm still in cruise, better tighten up 5 minutes ago," and then -4 screaming in to do a canopy roll over and under the whole mess, ending up in fighter wing on the side he started out on. Minus -4's antics, it looked like some SNAs flying their first div form.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Never knew the 'ol days, but for some reason I miss them.... Wasn't a seven year old in those stands that didn't go to bed that night dreaming about being a pilot....

+1, even though it was sloppy.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Having done it a few times, he fucked away the join-up ....

Came in w/ a LOT of smack, tried to lose it in a canopy roll over 3 birds :eek:, almost hit #3 :eek:, still had too much "on" when he came back up up to his "desired" position -- got sucked and was a day way late and out of position when they all went bye-bye away from the maddening crowd ... a classic series of rookie mistakes.

But anyone can do 'em, anywhere, anyday, anytime ...

In short: a cluster fuck rendezvous; poorly planned and/or executed.

My $20 worth ... :)

brownshoe

Contributor
Never knew the 'ol days, but for some reason I miss them.... Wasn't a seven year old in those stands that didn't go to bed that night dreaming about being a pilot....

The old days were great, trust me, I was there. :) For a lot of reasons we just did things differently and the jobs done got done anyway we could get them done. Good times!

However, I remember a guy, Jim Ka… who did a canopy roll in an A4 over a COD and got dressed down pretty good. COD pilot phoned it in. I was in the line shack when it happened. Ugly crap from a do nothing, know nothing XO.

Ended up Jim transferred to the air force, did a couple more tours in Nam flying Thud’s, and the navy lost a good pilot. He was a great guy, a good officer, and from what I’d heard a good stick. A4’s might know him, not sure. (Not gonna spell the rest of his last name though. We haven’t spoken on the phone for about 15 years.)

This incident well so what…. no body died, and the public loved it… What a great fly by! You guys gonna say you’ve never broken the rules?:)

We did all the time… That’s how we got shit done. :D

Steve

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
The old days were great

Bringin back the old school one sideburn at a time! It's up to YOU future JO's to subtly fight the 'corporatization' of our great Navy. Follow (bend) the rules, get wasted, but, unlike our predecessors perhaps, you have to be much more smart about it. I.e., It's okay to be upside down in the back of a car, as long as it's a taxi.

....stepping off soapbox

Not to sure what this had to do with an air farce topsy turvy, but I felt like saying it anyway.

MasterBates

I enjoy "fighting the good fight" to bring back what we can of what used to be cool.

I'm heading to the O-Club in 30 min. What about you guys?

brownshoe

Contributor
I enjoy "fighting the good fight" to bring back what we can of what used to be cool.

I'm heading to the O-Club in 30 min. What about you guys?

The neighbors and I opened a case a few hours ago. Hey... it's Friday.

Steve.

Steve

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know what some of you are smoking, but that was clearly not the result of some kind of screwed up RDVS. That roll around the formation was intentional. 'A' for initiative, but as others have proven in the past, sporting event fly-bys aren't a real smart place for "watch this" flying.

Brett

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seriously. Coming over the stadium with -2 still fishing for proper parade, -3 going "oh crap, I'm still in cruise, better tighten up 5 minutes ago," and then -4 screaming in to do a canopy roll over and under the whole mess, ending up in fighter wing on the side he started out on. Minus -4's antics, it looked like some SNAs flying their first div form.

Looked like a Prowler division trying to do a flyby! :D