• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MH-53E Deployment life vs MH-60R and S

croakerfish

pilot
Thanks for giving me the reality of HSC man. What do you see as the future of HSC? By time I get in itll be probably 5-6 years with training and all that until I really get in the Navy.

My guess is things won't change much. We'll hopefully have some good avionics upgrades that have been a long time coming and all of the HSC squadrons will have the rockets and 20mm cannon. The need for helicopter-provided logistics and SAR capability at sea is not going away.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
You sad, sad little boy. In time you will learn, for now, dream as you will . . . . . .

I'm catching up on my AirWarriors "New Posts" reading list today from a sad, outdated laptop thanks to an extended in-port visit sans liberty call. I was amused to read this exchange and hold high expectations of similar entertainment as I plod on.

Juwon Brunson

My guess is things won't change much. We'll hopefully have some good avionics upgrades that have been a long time coming and all of the HSC squadrons will have the rockets and 20mm cannon. The need for helicopter-provided logistics and SAR capability at sea is not going away.
Sounds like it couldnt be that bad then. Helio Pilots go out on deployments alot? Kinda what I want idk if thats weird or not.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sounds like it couldnt be that bad then. Helio Pilots go out on deployments alot? Kinda what I want idk if thats weird or not.

You'll deploy a lot, no matter what you fly. That's just what we do these days, have been since 9/11, not likely to change any time soon.