• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Miramar Air Show

Crowbar

None
I was there last year with a static display and a couple of other AW members. The highlight was seeing Brett get stalked by some random guy.

Lanisem

wnna jam.
I just saw the Thunderbirds outside in Mira Mesa after my 6 week PRK post op! They were flying when I got out, after finding out both my left AND right eyes are 20/15! It's a sign! (I don't mean an AF sign).. and then I saw a couple of Hornets doing manuevers over La Jolla when I drove to class after that...

Gotta love San Diego.. sigh

Lanisem

wnna jam.
I was there last year with a static display and a couple of other AW members. The highlight was seeing Brett get stalked by some random guy.

static display? you mean like an AW stand? I'm gonna be in Miramar early tomorrow, if any of you guys are gonna be there (esp. if there's a stand), I'd like to stop by and see you guys. Hope yall enjoy the show, i know I will =D

KBayDog

The highlight was seeing Brett get stalked by some random guy.

The highlight for me was my "whole, 'helo mentality'."

Oh, and seeing Brett get stalked by some random guy. Some random guy who apparently loves "the smell of jet fuel in the morning."

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
I'll be going down on Saturday as well... and staying for the twilight show this time. Ever seen it? I've gone to this Air Show every year since I was about 12 I think and for some reason have never stayed for the night show. It looks pretty cool. If you want to find me just look for the haircut... oh wait, that won't work at Miramar :)

Also, A friend of a friend is flying up from P-cola, the aircraft will be one of the static displays. If you have any questions about flight training and what not feel free to drop by.

I'll post up any pictures that I take down there fellas.

Yeah I went to the twilight show the last time I went. Its pretty cool, and the only twilight show I have ever been to. You really get the full effect of Fat Albert doing the JATO. Last time I sat in the free area but I got sick of hauling a lawn chair around so this year I decided to get a couple of bleacher tickets for me and the GF. I'll be sporting a cut too...and probably a USMC shirt.

what is your friend flying in on? T-34?? I'll stop by and say whatsup. I dont usually bug the static display pilots....I have seen what they have to deal with.

Ohh and I'll make sure to get some pics together.

Crowbar

None
The highlight for me was my "whole, 'helo mentality'."

Oh, and seeing Brett get stalked by some random guy. Some random guy who apparently loves "the smell of jet fuel in the morning."

How could I forget that? And how could I forget that crazy chick stalking us? Thanks, you know who you are, for taking a bullet for all of us and keeping her occupied all night.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Yeah I went to the twilight show the last time I went. Its pretty cool, and the only twilight show I have ever been to. You really get the full effect of Fat Albert doing the JATO. Last time I sat in the free area but I got sick of hauling a lawn chair around so this year I decided to get a couple of bleacher tickets for me and the GF. I'll be sporting a cut too...and probably a USMC shirt.

what is your friend flying in on? T-34?? I'll stop by and say whatsup. I dont usually bug the static display pilots....I have seen what they have to deal with.

Ohh and I'll make sure to get some pics together.

I'm actually not sure what kind of aircraft hes bringing. Hes a friend of one of my friends who is a girl... so when I posed this question to her: "do you know what kind of aircraft hes bringing, or what phase of flight training hes in"? ... she had no idea. If I had to guess I'd say hes in Primary and is bringing a T-34.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
I should've ordered an AW t-shirt for Miramar, but oh well. I'm planning on going saturday matinee. I'll probably be sporting my Berkeley sweater instead so if you see an Asian stud in a faded blue Berkeley sweater, be sure to say wats up =)

hitgrndrunnin

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Great resource.

I'll be at the show tomorrow (Friday) morning; I like to avoid the weekend crowds.

I'll be the one running around trying to get as much information and advice out of all the fighter pilots/NFOs I can talk to. I'm supposed to be in the January 8th OCS class.

Enjoy the show, everyone :)

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I'm gonna try and make it out to the Sunday show. I have not been to an air show in ages.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
I saw the Blue Angels couple weeks ago in Salinas and they were awesome. I wanna goto miramar to see how inferior the thunderbirds are to the Blues. Actually, I'm more interested in seeing all the different jets and helos demonstrations (Mostly looking forward to the AV8B Harrier and F-22 Raptor since I've already seen Superhornet)

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
I hoping for some good weather on saturday. The last time I was there, It was so overcast that they didnt show the Hornet or Harrier during the MAGTF demonstration.