• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Miramar Air Show

KILLERPHROG

pilot
Ok, the Thunderbirds were pretty awsome and they definately were flying low. Great show. The MAGTF demonstration is by far the best part.

Lanisem

wnna jam.
Ok, the Thunderbirds were pretty awsome and they definately were flying low. Great show. The MAGTF demonstration is by far the best part.

yea, they were like 200-300 feet off the ground I think... I'm going again tomorrow!!! It was really awesome seeing the F-35 JSF... I spoke with a hornet NFO:

me: "what do you think of the F-35? is it coming into service soon"?
him: "I hope not... there's no backseat in those things"..
me: "..."

well, I hope to see/meet more pilots/aircrew tomorrow! It's great to be able to ask questions in person.

btw, I didn't see any Prowlers out there on display, only usmc aircraft i didn't see, i think.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Yesterday's show was awesome. I have a whole new respect for the Thunderbirds. Did you guys know that tha apposing solo and the right wing are both female? :D Also the schedule said the F-22 would be there and it wasn't.:icon_rage

CPENgunner

Just got back from the air show...it was great. Definately recommend going if you all get a chance. MAGTF demo and Harrier were f^cking awesome!!! However, regardless of whatever anyone says, the Blue Angels are much MUCH more entertaining than the Thunderbirds.

HuggyU2

None
Did you guys know that tha apposing solo and the right wing are both female?
Yes, and not hard on the eyes, either.

I'm speculating it will take a long time before the USAF ever lets a female become the #4, or "slot pilot", for the T-Birds.

East

东部
Contributor
Gentlemen, pics plzzzzz

pics.gif

Lanisem

wnna jam.
second day going.. it was "awesomer" than the first.. breathtaking Harrier performance.

Highlight of my day:
as I browsed the different Hornet squadron souvenier stands, I met a cute little Vietnamese girl... who was a Hornet Pilot. She was cute to begin with, but that made her HOT.

I'll try to post some pics when I get them from my cousin.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
The Saturday show got rained out a little bit in the morning... but once the ceilings lifted a bit the show was back on. OUTSTANDING Superhornet demonstration... since it had just rained plenty of moisture in the air for some good compression clouds and water vapor. My friend snapped a pretty good picture of a compression cloud forming on one of the high speed passes... I'll see if I can get it from him and post it here.

That F-35, as mentioned earlier, WAS the company mock up.

The same thing happened last year with the F-22 ... it was supposed to show up but never did. No explanation either. ... interesting.

Anyway, I noticed that the T-Birds weren't flying their maneuvers as "close to the crowd" if that makes any sense. It seemed to me that many of the Blues' manuevers were closer in, having the lead or opposing solo break almost over the crowd at certain points. Some of the formation stuff also seemed to be further out with the T-Birds. Can anyone confirm this?