• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Miramar Air Show

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
And also because of this:

picture of dinosaur​

The aircraft that lifted the American Ambassador from the embassy in Saigon is still on active duty in 774...

Is that in Norfolk? If not, I have seen one painted like it at NS Norfolk.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
And also because of this:
SaigonEmbassyCh46From1oClock_1.jpg

The aircraft that lifted the American Ambassador from the embassy in Saigon is still on active duty in 774...

So are all those straps and cables on there to hold it together so it doesn't fall apart?

I keed, I keed.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Hey Virus,
I saw you walking around, I remember cause I was thinking "what the hell does that shirt say??"
My wife just recognized you too, she said 'oh I remember seeing him pose with some girl taking his picture."
small world...

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Back to the MAGTF Demo. If you saw the LAVs out front during the armored assault... those guys were crewman from my unit (A Co. 4th LAR). They moved pretty quick down that runway!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So sayeth the -60B bubba.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Hey, I'm a child of the '80's, and so is my aircraft. It's not your retro, bell-bottomed, non-shower taking, hippie-loving type of airframe.

KBayDog

Hey, I'm a child of the '80's, and so is my aircraft. It's not your retro, bell-bottomed, non-shower taking, hippie-loving type of airframe.

You must be describing this era:
fondue_easyrider_wideweb__470x301,0.jpg

Speaking of which, LAMPS-boy, what is HSL-37's nickname again? :D

Anyway, back to the MAGTF Demo. Does anybody have good pics of the Phrog Pass in Review?

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Here are some action shots of the Phrogs during the demo. the last one is the pass in review.

I had to compress these a bit.

Attachments

• phrog2.jpg
    phrog2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 36
  • phrog1.jpg
    phrog1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 36
  • phrog3.jpg
    phrog3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 39

KBayDog

Just a mental picture of poorly flown formation and countless superfluous radio transmissions.
smiles as appropriate

...and landing in the wrong zone, yadda yadda yadda.

Skid, you would have loved the AH-1 JDAM demo on Saturday. The pyro was set up for the fast-movers, but since the wx wouldn't let them play, the Cobra strike created a wall of fire ~1000' long and 200' high.

Even the Snake drivers were laughing.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah I got the flaming Napalm gun of death one year at Miramar when the WX stopped the jets from playing. The event coordinator kept telling us to reattack there was more pyro they had to detonate.
I think the next day ORM was thrown out the window and the jets played regardless of briefed weather mins.

KBayDog

I think the next day ORM was thrown out the window and the jets played regardless of briefed weather mins.

They were not happy about Saturday.

Fortunately (for the fixed wing players), Sunday's wx cooperated and they got to do their thing.

KnightNArmor

ASO
pilot
And while all you jokers were enjoying or actually flying in the airshow (KBay...if you call that flying...)

I was keeping the world safe for democracy as the squadron duty....

yet again...