• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Myspace

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Using acronyms such as "TMI" can be seen as highschool-ish. :icon_wink

Just set your profile to "private" and you're golden. All the person can see is a thumbnail with you name, age and location. Until you add them they can't see anything and/or use jack shit against you.

Just a FYI, software is out that can hack the private setting.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Also remember that once things are posted on the open internet (not behind a password, private setting, etc.) they are likely out of your control forever.

Lawman

None
Also remember that once things are posted on the open internet (not behind a password, private setting, etc.) they are likely out of your control forever.

Thats what I used to tell girls and couples that bought Cameras at Best Buy. What goes on the internet, stays on the internet.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
So Chunks, after checking out your MySpace page, I noticed something... Is your callsign Stinky??

Most recently, yes...good story if you know the Operations Clerk at HT-8...

I was holding gas in all day on my first day at the squadron. Before an AOM, I thought the office was empty...:eek:

Story spread like a wildfire in SOCAL.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't have myspace page because I'm 36. I don't want all of my stuff out there. That and my troopers are all myspacers. There's a wall. I can find out a lot about them just by looking. Some things are better left alone.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I don't have myspace page because I'm 36.

Well, no disrespect meant, but I think that's a lame reason IMHO. I do it more for networking and posting funny pics of a couple on Virginia Beach that LOOKS like they are enjoying themselves too much...:D

I don't want all of my stuff out there. That and my troopers are all myspacers. There's a wall. I can find out a lot about them just by looking. Some things are better left alone.

That's a good reason IMHO. I wouldn't ever incriminate myself via any unofficer-like qualities posted on there, but I have gotten some questions from aspiring officers (kinda like my posts and profile on here has gotten me) because of info I've put up there...and as long as the bennies outweigh the negatives, I'll probably keep it up there.

~D

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The same goes with facebook for the younger folks out here. The staff here at our NROTC unit have "secret accounts" and take the time to find our profiles and pictures on there that are "unbecoming of a Naval Officer".

phrogpilot73

Most recently, yes...good story if you know the Operations Clerk at HT-8...

I was holding gas in all day on my first day at the squadron. Before an AOM, I thought the office was empty...:eek:

Story spread like a wildfire in SOCAL.
That's actually a better story than mine... 4 showers in 3 weeks during an exercise at 29 palms... It was January and cold, and valued my time in the sleeping bag more than my time in the shower...

Status
Not open for further replies.