• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Aircraft Currently in Use/Soon to Retire..

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
heyjoe said:
IIRC - they are part of a chain with several similar locations at St Louis and Collge Park and the parent location at LAX perimeter (Proud Bird*). http://www.theproudbird.com/restaurant.html

*Proud Bird has a mini Aviation Museum sorrounding it...some are very accurate Movie replicas, but still very cool to sit there looking at approaching airliners and seeing a P-38, P-47, Bell X-1, Me-109, etc. and walking in under a P-51, Spitfire, F4U Corsair and a P-40 in AVG markings.

There used to be one at St. Pete/Clearwater (PIE). Not sure if it's still open. Food was pretty good, but started going downhill by the time I went off to college. Never been back. I did have my first Gator tail there. Tasty, if not chewy.

Super Hornet 88

So what are the hangers for the former VS squadrons going to used for now? Are they going to used by the Helo squadrons there now or are they going to be torn down?

BlkPny

pilot
VS-41 hosted us as the VAL-4 RAG, since the jet guys at Miramar didn't want us. Until, that is, they started seeing our BDA reports.
For the VS-41 decommissioning activities, rest assured that VAL-4 alumni will be well-represented, and we plan to drop-check the I-Bar one more time.