• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Netflix recommendations?

Random8145

Contributor
Jeff Bezos's Blue Origin:

blueorigin_launch.0.1536754001.jpg

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
There is a new Apollo 13 documentary on Netflix. It's pretty good. A lot of footage and interviews from the archives that did not make it to prime time. Apparently Marilyn Lovell wasn't the excited and happy astronaut wife that NASA wanted her to be.
It's definitely worth the watch

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There is a new Apollo 13 documentary on Netflix. It's pretty good.

Is it a documentary, or a documentary with dramatic recreations? Some of the shots in that trailer have me wondering.

Reenactments have always been a pet-peeve of mine, but I get that's a personal problem.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is it a documentary, or a documentary with dramatic recreations? Some of the shots in that trailer have me wondering.

Reenactments have always been a pet-peeve of mine, but I get that's a personal problem.
It’s a doc. I didn’t notice any recreations (yeah I don’t like those either, unless they’re *really* good) though there’s a blurb at the beginning that some of the space footage is from other missions.

It reminded me a lot of the Apollo 11 IMAX doc from a few years ago in tone and style, though with a lot more conventional doc voice-overs from the real folks. I was interested how much dialogue from the Hanks/Howard movie was actually taken more or less verbatim from the mission transcripts (you see Gene Kranz telling his team, “Let’s work the problem, don’t make things worse by guessing.”