• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Never lost....

Screw The Pooch

Hello chaps. I've been having an argument with a USN mate of mine. He is currently stooging around in the Tomcat. I met him at ETPS a few years back.

Anyway, we're having a couple of beers and the conversation has naturally turned to combat. Now in all my years in the FRS1, FA2 and the GR7 I've never been beaten by anything...ever...including your much vaunted F-18(in which I have about 50 hours)...ooh scary:icon_tong ! He assures me he has never lost against my wonderful Harrier. I call bull****.

Come on then mighty America...who has ever beaten a SHAR? Honestly:confused:

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Hold up, let me get my asbestos suit & marshmallows out before the flames start...
15e80c02.jpg
marshmallows.jpg

There, this otta be good. :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
... Come on then mighty America...who has ever beaten a SHAR? Honestly:confused:

Never been "beat"???:eek: Please ..... do it "enough", and we all get beat. :icon_wink

Or ..... you must be really, really, really, really, really, really, really .... good . But you did say "English", right?? Well, that can't be it then.

God help us. Glad you're on our side.

But ... back to your question .... ever beat a Harrier? You mean like those in VMA-513 or -542 ??? Ever hear of the TACTs Range @ MCAS Yuma??

Harriers were dead meat. Even with my old body and in my old(er) airplane.

Read it and weep, you dirty, Pommy Bast*rd ...
Up the Tories .... and welcome aboard. :D

Jay

I believe what your having is drunken flashbacks of Pucara's during the Falklands. I can honestly say I've never lost to a turboprop!

Screw The Pooch

Well I did get a Mirage with an -9L. Quite scary when it disappeared outside the turn and then came back over my right shoulder and got him. Saved me warming up the Adens..probably would've missed anyway!

Tom's just passed out by the way. I thought you Americans could drink:D

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Well I did get a Mirage with an -9L. Quite scary when it disappeared outside the turn and then came back over my right shoulder and got him. Saved me warming up the Adens..probably would've missed anyway!

Tom's just passed out by the way. I thought you Americans could drink:D

c3fac4fb.jpg

:D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
No, I mean a proper harrier .....I'm surprised you could keep up with 9400lbf:D
Yeah, I'm sure we could have shown you quite a few "surprises" in our little Scooters ... ;)

And a "proper" Harrier ??? .... Oh, God, I can hardly wait. Where in the hell are Squeeze and HD when we need them .... ???? That's right--we don't. Hey Marines !!! Hey Rube !!!

You see, Juniors .. here's the problem with Pommy Bast*rds. They just don't know how to get into and out of a real, Yankee bar fight. Just ask any Aussie .... they'll tell you. :)

Which brings up a point, Juniors. Without "UNCLE", a.k.a. the "Great Satan" cleaning up their colonial miscues and covering the front AND the back doors, the Brits would still be singing "Deutschland
Über Alles" and scratching their Pommy heads while wondering why they're the smallest province in the Soviet Union .... :)

Here ... humm along with us: Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, Über alles in der Welt ....

Stick with us, Pooch ... it'll get better. I think ....

Screw The Pooch

Hey, I resemble that comment!! We'd have got 'em in the end. All you did was accelerate the process:D

At least we're not as bad as the French...cheese eating surrender monkeys:p

zuggerat

Yeah, I'm sure we could have shown you quite a few "surprises" in our little Scooters ... ;)

And a "proper" Harrier ??? .... Oh, God, I can hardly wait. Where in the hell are Squeeze and HD when we need them .... ???? That's right--we don't. Hey Marines !!! Hey Rube !!!

You see, Juniors .. here's the problem with Pommy Bast*rds. They just don't know how to get into and out of a real, Yankee bar fight. Just ask any Aussie .... they'll tell you. :)

Which brings up a point, Juniors. Without "UNCLE", a.k.a. the "Great Satan" cleaning up their colonial miscues and covering the front AND the back doors, the Brits would still be singing "Deutschland
Über Alles" and scratching their Pommy heads while wondering why they're the smallest province in the Soviet Union .... :)

Here ... humm along with us: Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, Über alles in der Welt ....

Stick with us, Pooch ... it'll get better. I think ....

jesus christ the brit made A4s spill his daiquiri

recetas-daiquiri.jpg

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok I'll start off with a welcome to the site I have never met a Brit pilot who wasnt a great guy to get a beer with. I will let all the fighter types argue this one out but I will leave you with the fact that even I have beaten a Harrier but since none of it ws real and it is all basically conjecture does it really count.

I'll be wating at 300 AGL for anyone who wants to come play.

Screw The Pooch

Not sure I'd want to fly that high Skidkid:D

Of course it doesn't really count.

But, and at the urging of your rather inebriated countryman, it does when it's for real. Just like we both know.