• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Navy PT Gear

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Because this is just what we needed . . . :icon_rage

R 232224Z AUG 07
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
TO NAVADMIN
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
UNCLAS //N01020//
NAVADMIN 217/07
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/AUG//
SUBJ/NAVY UNIFORMS// REF/A/DOC/CHNAVPERS/01JAN2003//
AMPN/REF A IS U.S. NAVY UNIFORM REGULATIONS, NAVPERS 15665 ON JAN 03
BUPERS DIRECTIVE CD ROM.//
RMKS/1. THE CHIEF OF NAVAL OPERATIONS HAS APPROVED THE ADOPTION OF A
NAVY PHYSICAL TRAINING UNIFORM (PTU) FOR ALL SAILORS E-1 THROUGH O-10.
THE PTU IS DESIGNED AND INTENDED FOR GROUP/UNIT PHYSICAL TRAINING (PT)
ACTIVITIES AND THE SEMI-ANNUAL PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST.
THE PTU WILL INITIALLY CONSIST OF TWO GOLD SHIRTS WITH REFLECTIVE NAVY
LETTERING AND TWO NAVY BLUE SHORTS WITH NAVY LETTERING AND REFLECTIVE
MARKINGS. A WIND SUIT WILL BE ADDED TO THE PTU BEGINNING FY-09.
2. THE PTU WILL BE INTRODUCED TO THE FLEET INCREMENTALLY OVER A SEVEN
MONTH PERIOD BEGINNING SPRING 2008. SIMULTANEOUSLY, ACCESSION COMMANDS
WILL BEGIN ISSUING THE PTU TO RECRUITS, CADETS AND MIDSHIPMEN.
3. FY-08 CLOTHING REPLACEMENT ALLOWANCES FOR ACTIVE COMPONENT ENLISTED
SAILORS E-1 THROUGH E-9 WILL BE ADJUSTED BEGINNING 1 OCTOBER 2007 TO
FACILITATE PURCHASING A COMPLETE SET OF PTU SHIRTS AND SHORTS.
ENLISTED RESERVE COMPONENT SAILORS WILL RECEIVE THE PTU VIA THEIR CHAIN
OF COMMAND UPON SCHEDULED AVAILABILITY. UPON COMPLETION OF THE PTU
ROLLOUT, ALL COMMAND DIRECTED GROUP/UNIT PHYSICAL TRAINING ACTIVITIES
AND SEMI-ANNUAL PHYSICAL FITNESS TESTS
WILL BE PERFORMED IN THE PTU.
4. AUTHORIZED OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BE WORN WITH THE PTU INCLUDE:
NAVY LONG SLEEVED 100 PERCENT POLYESTER GOLD SHIRT, COMPRESSION
SHORTS/MODESTY LINER (NAVY BLUE OR BLACK), AND NAVY KNIT WATCH CAP.
THE APPROVED LONG SLEEVED GOLD SHIRT WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE FROM THE
NAVY EXCHANGE. INDIVIDUALS MAY USE ACCEPTABLE COMPRESSION
SHORTS/MODESTY LINER AND HEAD GEAR PURCHASED FROM ANY COMMERCIAL SOURCE
AND WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE AT NAVY EXCHANGE. COMPRESSION
SHORTS/MODESTY LINER WILL NOT EXTEND BELOW THE LEG OF THE SHORTS WHEN
STANDING. QUALITY RUNNING SHOES ARE ENCOURAGED.
5. THE PTU MAY BE WORN FOR NON-COMMAND DIRECTED PHYSICAL TRAINING
ACTIVITIES AS AUTHORIZED BY THE COMMANDING OFFICER. IN ALL CASES, THE
PTU WILL NOT BE WORN IN SUCH A MANNER AS TO BRING DISCREDIT AGAINST THE
NAVY OR THE INDIVIDUAL WEARING IT. THE PTU IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO BE
WORN IN LIEU OF THE WORKING, SERVICE OR DRESS UNIFORM WHILE IN A
LIMITED DUTY STATUS.
6. DETAILED GUIDANCE WILL BE ISSUED PRIOR TO ROLL OUT SPRING 08.
7. FILE THIS NAVADMIN WITH REF A UNTIL REVISIONS ARE INCORPORATED INTO
THE QUARTERLY BUPERS DIRECTIVE CD ROM CHANGE.
8. POINT OF CONTACT IS MR. ROBERT B. CARROLL AT COMM (703) 614-
5076/DSN 224 OR EMAIL ROBERT.B.CARROLL(AT)NAVY.MIL.
9. RELEASED BY VADM J. C. HARVEY JR., N1.//

BT

NNNN

MasterBates

Yes, I feel this truly was the most pressing issue we are facing at the moment..

Who cares if I have not been able to get a new flight suit that fits properly in a year (can get 50, but not 50L so I have 2-3 inches of exposed flesh when I sit in an aircraft), I will have this nifty gold shirt that I will only wear twice a year and be charged 4x what it is worth by the NEX.

I truly believe this is NOT what we should be wasting time and effort on.

But, since the man says to do it. I will do it.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
~sigh~

Welcome to my world, gentlemen. War? What war? What we NEED is to tighten up on dip cans, cell phones, and 'platinum grills' in uniform. Oh yeah, and we should make our Marines pay out the ass for a spiffy new jumpsuit to PT in.

snake020

Contributor
It disappoints me that the Navy is following on the Army and Air Force's failure. The PT "uniform" is the only thing the AF can wear off duty out here in Durkastan. At least the Navy and coalition countries have leeway in what they can (right now).

hscs

pilot
The other services have been giving the Navy quite a bit of heartache about not having a standard pt uniform -- mainly in theater. It has caused us to come up with something that becomes a "uniform" -- e.g. brown shirts and black or blue shorts. The funny thing is that the message says that you only need to wear it at command PT or the PRT -- not wherever you go in theater.

My opinion -- if you want to complain about a uniform, complain about that blue-digital gangstar pattern utilities that will replace the working uniforms.

phrogpilot73

My opinion -- if you want to complain about a uniform, complain about that blue-digital gangstar pattern utilities that will replace the working uniforms.
I couldn't agree with you more. That uniform is GAY with a capital GAY. Can someone please explain to me a couple of things?

1. Why does the Navy need to break up their outline with a camoflage pattern?

2. Why would they make a camoflage pattern out of blue & grey?

3. Why not stick with what they had instead of looking like the Army or Marine Corps?

Just for the record - the Marine Corps went to a digital cammie pattern first, more proof for the record that the other services want to be like us. :D

Cordespc

None
Contributor
I've always thought the Navy should go with a blue-on blue PT uniform. If you are supposed to wear a blue undershirt with the new cammies, it would make perfect sense to issue something that could be used for both purposes.

As for the Marine Corps' new "Members Only" wind suit, I can't imagine many units using it the way it was intended. I'm sure a formation run would be torture with several dozen pairs of legs making "zipp-zipp" noises with each stride. I can also see the nylon suits getting trashed as a result of Marine style PT (buddy drags, bear crawls, et cetera)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Well, all bitching aside...there are two parts of this message that I really like.

THE PTU WILL INITIALLY CONSIST OF TWO GOLD SHIRTS WITH REFLECTIVE NAVY
LETTERING AND TWO NAVY BLUE SHORTS
WITH NAVY LETTERING AND REFLECTIVE
MARKINGS.

Aren't people going to get hot and all chafed up wearing two shirts and two pairs of shorts when they are PT'ing?;)

Second...
COMPRESSION
SHORTS/MODESTY LINER (NAVY BLUE OR BLACK)

Some...more modest than others...:D

If you can't laugh at this, what the hell can you laugh at. Who writes these things???

robav8r

None
Contributor

I have heard (believe it or not) that the digital camo pattern will better hide the dirt and paint sailors inevitably get on their uniforms while working. Snake Plisskin is rolling over in his grave . . . . .

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have heard (believe it or not) that the digital camo pattern will better hide the dirt and paint sailors inevitably get on their uniforms while working. Snake Plisskin is rolling over in his grave . . . . .

Why didn't we jsut copy the Coastie's and go to a solid blue BDU' type, a two piece overalls if you will. It makes sense and it could look professional, the Coasite's I have seen wear it well.

Nose

pilot

Phrog-

Because it's slimming and FABULOUS!!!

Saw a Chief at NTU NEX about 2 years ago wearing that gay blue BDU and black felt boots. (He was part of the TFU test) He looked like something out of a Broadway play about gay sailors. I'm a big Mike Mullen fan, but not when it comes to this.

Nose

Boats

blue digital

Reason they gave us was that it will make topside rovers harder to spot when doing a scan. I dont know if it is true or not but if that is the case why does the fat pregnat chick at PSD who will inevitably mess my pay up need to be high speed? Flash has the best solution. No millions wasted on R and D, it is already proven, people can keep the command ball cap that many like, and as a bonus we wont get made fun of by everyone but the Air Force.
With regards to the PT gear, GAY. Should have stuck with plain blue shorts (hopefully something better than than the boot camp/OCS ones) with a grey or blue t-shirt that can be worn under the BDUs. Too easy, lets get some retired folks and higher ups that never PT to create a uniform that glows in the dark - wait, we already did.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
More babysitting...

You all can't wear things appropriate so here we decided for you- Now give me my NAM!

Now go get me a leave chit so you can go to your in-laws house, one state over for the weekend!

I sure don't miss all that!

It's called Darwinism folks...
-If your not smart enough to cover your junk when working out, then too bad if it falls out and you are embarrassed or in the women's case somebody sneaks a peak...

-If you drive 24 hours straight because you just had to go there on that liberty pass and you launch your car off the Matthews bridge into the St Johns, way to think that plan thru..

-You get arrested and don't have bail money.. Then sit and rot!

I was the Legal Officer in 3 different squadrons and despite the babysitting folks still seem to find a way to fvck it up so let them fvck it up and then go away.. If you ain't smart enough to play in the gene pool then go get another job! The Navy should keep the best and brightest not try and mentor the 10% club!

RANT OFF :eek: