• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Navy PT Gear

fatathaland

Read about this on NavyTimes...

The new gear includes a shirt made of moisture-wicking, odor-resistant polyester with the word "Navy" in reflective lettering on the front and back. The shorts, which come in 6- and 8-inch lengths, are nylon and have reflective piping and Navy lettering.

"They even have an ID-card pocket sewn in."

"Testing and evaluation — including determining the exact materials it will be made of — still continue."

(Images from navytimes)

070629_uniform2_story_287.jpg

070629_uniform_story_287.jpg

nt_proposedpt_800_070628_287.jpg

nt_ptuniform_800_070629_287.jpg

Brett1

Banned
Yes, I feel this truly was the most pressing issue we are facing at the moment..

Who cares if I have not been able to get a new flight suit that fits properly in a year (can get 50, but not 50L so I have 2-3 inches of exposed flesh when I sit in an aircraft), I will have this nifty gold shirt that I will only wear twice a year and be charged 4x what it is worth by the NEX.

I truly believe this is NOT what we should be wasting time and effort on.

But, since the man says to do it. I will do it.

Your flying in "high waters"??????? Oh chit MB....... thats rough.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Didn't we already have a Navy PT uniform? I remember getting some blue daisy dukes and white T-shirts with NAVY on the back of them. When I got to P-Cola they made us buy "special" API PT gear. I guess the transition is like when we switched from the bell bottoms to Dickies. Everyone will wait until the last day to spend money on the new uniforms, and there won't be any left at the NEX.

HuggyU2

None
Cheer up,... you've got more in common with the USAF than you thought.

Now, back to my donuts... mmmmm,.... donuts......

blur

A-pool
Ya, I definitely see the PONY resemblance.

Just "Navy" on the shorts would be nice too...