• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Navy PT Gear

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Fabulous!

B0000541WK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
8in is still a bit short for the... em, shorts. Aren't many running shorts made by Nike and the like available in 10in variants? Next thing you know, they're going to make the 1.5 mile run in fleet squadrons actually 1.5 miles!

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I don't think they look that bad. The moisture wicking shirts would be plus, those old white PT shirts hold about a gallon of sweat!

HuggyU2

None
The reflective lettering is always a nice touch: once the Navy makes the PT gear the mandatory uniform for off-duty wear in Kajerkistan, you:
a). no longer need as many reflective belts to satisfy the Safety Officer after sunset;
b). it helps the enemy snipers keep track of the larger groups after sunset.

SQUIDutah

pilot
I couldn't agree with you more. That uniform is GAY with a capital GAY. Can someone please explain to me a couple of things?

1. Why does the Navy need to break up their outline with a camoflage pattern?

2. Why would they make a camoflage pattern out of blue & grey?

3. Why not stick with what they had instead of looking like the Army or Marine Corps?

Just for the record - the Marine Corps went to a digital cammie pattern first, more proof for the record that the other services want to be like us. :D

I thought the new Navy BDU will make us appear like this to other services:

Attachments

• NewNavyWorkingUniform.jpe
    NewNavyWorkingUniform.jpe
    139.1 KB · Views: 140

MasterBates

a). no longer need as many reflective belts to satisfy the Safety Officer after sunset;

I never got that memo in CONUS or Bahrain... I have seen the GAY AF reflective belt. They have to wear it walking on the sidewalk at night here.

GAAAAAAYYYYY

HuggyU2

None
I'm glad to hear it. I figured the reflective belt was getting forced onto ALL personnel in the Middle East, irrespective of branch of service.

Next time I deploy (which won't be for a while, probably), I'm going to find a way to put on so many reflective belts at once that you'll think a tactical nuke went off. If one belt is good, then 22 belts would be better.

phrogpilot73

I'm glad to hear it. I figured the reflective belt was getting forced onto ALL personnel in the Middle East, irrespective of branch of service.

Next time I deploy (which won't be for a while, probably), I'm going to find a way to put on so many reflective belts at once that you'll think a tactical nuke went off. If one belt is good, then 22 belts would be better.
FWIW - we had to wear them at Al Asad... I wish I had thought of the 22 belts idea though...

hscs

pilot
Gotta love the reflective belt so that Haji can see you at night when you are close to the wire. Reminds me of OIF alphabet -- "Sometimes to be safe you have to be anohter S word -- STUPID".

gtg941f

pilot
Isn't the seal a little too detailed for anyone to even figure out what they're looking at while you run past them? Why didn't they just write "NAVY" in that cool 80s font?

According to the article in Navy Times, the shorts are actually going to be as you just suggested. The word Navy rather than the crest.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
That gear is butt ugly. How about i show up, run the PRT, and they leave me the hell alone?

Next thing you'll know we'll be saluting in PT gear.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In the second picture I love the guy 2 from the right who is on his knees for the pushups.