• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

newb: chat with online AF advisor

fatathaland

I am kicking myself for not doing the BDCP. If you are certain you want to do Navy, then please at least do the BDCP. You'll get paid to do the same thing you would otherwise have done anyway.

brownshoe

Contributor
That conversation makes me very glad that I only talked to the Navy and Marines about flying... plus I don't own an iron.

No kidding Big Iron and Bogey Spotter are right… you WILL need an iron. Everything I owned, besides my blues, were so heavily starched they could stand up in a corner. (Hint here… just send uniforms to the base laundry while on shore duty.) Bags… no… they’ll be okay out of the dryer. (Jeez…what do they teach these kids today? And patent leather!!! What’s that all about?)

Steve:)

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
..... Bags… no… they’ll be okay out of the dryer.

Best hung up wet and air dried actually. It takes only a few hours to dry them this way. Especially those older ones that were green, but now a strange greenish/purple hue to them....... :)

brownshoe

Contributor
Best hung up wet and air dried actually. It takes only a few hours to dry them this way. Especially those older ones that were green, but now a strange greenish/purple hue to them....... :)

I hear ya!!!!:) However I had a friend in the paraloft that took care of my needs. But yep right BigIron... I'm older than dirt:D Do they still have orange bags?

Steve

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Schnugg does.

I do not, nor does the Navy (although I've seen some colorful Joie de vivre)

flightsuits.gif

vf13_67.jpg

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Anyone else notice THAT guy standing out in the pic? "One of these things is not like the other". :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Right... what are those F-8 drivers doing in those tee-shirts?

Steve
S.O.P. in the old days ... T-shirts and/or jerseys ... T-shirts especially when in tropical climes and/or when the ship's laundry shrunk your jersey into a small boys size.

SOMETIMES .... even a polo shirt instead .... but the nice ones came with a little alligator on them back then .... :)

brownshoe

Contributor
S.O.P. in the old days ... T-shirts and/or jerseys ... T-shirts especially when in tropical climes and/or when the ship's laundry shrunk your jersey into a small boys size.

SOMETIMES .... even a polo shirt instead .... but the nice ones came with a little alligator on them back then .... :)

Yep... I remember now:)

Steve