• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

newb: chat with online AF advisor

magnetfreezer

The AF does pay the university directly for tuition. However, unless your other scholarship(s) also stipulates "tuition only" you should be fine. I lived in the dorms, and the college let me pay for dorms using any money that was put in my account from scholarships. Any excess, and the college cut you a check at the end of the year. At least that's my experience at U of Washington.

Having other scholarships allowed me to also tell the AF not to pay my last quarter of tuition so I could remain eligible for the GI Bill without worrying about how to cover tuition.

Yeah, that sounds right - I got some random small scholarships paid directly to me as well. I thought you had AFROTC give you the excess of tuition directly which would definately have been a sweet deal.

TheGreatWaldo

pilot
At Florida State, they just direct deposited any scholarship money to my bank account. I already had a scholarship that was used to pay for tuition only, so the ROTC money just sat in my bank account. Definitely not the same in every situation, but it worked out in my case.

HuggyU2

None
I just had to readjust the hue on my computer......it appears to be a rainbow belt....Huggy can we get a closeup of that belt for verification?
Now why are you guys staring at that part of my body? Are you looking at my schnuutz??
I think you've been off the boat so long, you're beginning to fantasize. Get back on a cruise, sailors boys.

Rastafarion, huh? You should see my dreadlocks under the hat. Sort of a comb-over version. :icon_rast

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....I think you've been off the boat so long, you're beginning to fantasize. Get back on a cruise, sailors boys.
Works the other way around, Zoomster ... when you've been ON the BOAT for "so long" ... you start to fantasize. :D

rs289thevillagepeoplerodg9.jpg

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Going all the way back to the original post:

I would hate to think it, but that conversation sounds like a bot to me. Are you sure you were talking to a real person and not a computer with a database that answers your questions?

It's almost like those online help websites you go to when you can't get your printer to work correctly....

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Going all the way back to the original post:

I would hate to think it, but that conversation sounds like a bot to me. Are you sure you were talking to a real person and not a computer with a database that answers your questions?

It's almost like those online help websites you go to when you can't get your printer to work correctly....

that would be funny if the bot is telling people to join the Navy.

Nose

pilot
How about we have a contest and see who can get in a chat and get the USAF "BOT" to say the funniest thing?

Anyone?

N