• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next SECNAV - A Naval Aviator?

MasterBates

Maybe if he becomes SECNAV he will decree Aviation Working Greens saved? :D

(hey, I'm all for hope and changing the demise of greens that is currently scheduled)

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Fuck. Now i'll be able to say that i've been yelled at by SECNAV.

I've flown with CDR Garcia and I found him to be a good instructor. Really laid-back guy. Only yelled at me because I accidentially turned off the uniform in the middle of a traffic advisory. :eek:

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Save the greens! I want to wear them!

Edit: Holy shit, I just realized it was Juan Garcia from Corpus. Wow, small world.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Maybe if he becomes SECNAV he will decree Aviation Working Greens saved? :D

(hey, I'm all for hope and changing the demise of greens that is currently scheduled)

Unfortunately if the AWGs dont get passed the 3 star, I doubt SECNAV will try to resurrect them. Although you never know he could be one of the 18 people in the world who know they even exist.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Or change his last name to Valdez.

The possibilities are really endless.

I think he meant CDR Garcia actually changed his name from John to Juan.

And P-3 guys are only allowed egos as big as the mighty war pig. :icon_smil

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
And P-3 guys are only allowed egos as big as the mighty war pig. :icon_smil

I always thought the MAD boom entered into the question of "size" on anything P-3 wise ... ??? :)

180px-Lockheed_P-3C_%28JMSDF%2902.jpg

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
I was in a squadron with Juan. We were OPSOs in different squadrons at the same time. He is now the CO of a Squadron Augment Unit. By no means am I a big fan but I did vote for him. He has taken a lot of flack through the years and as you and I know controlling the media's (and squadron mate's) perception is impossible. I can't speak to the qualifications to be SECNAV nor do many of us know what it takes to get a law degree from Harvard and become a state representative in a jacked up district in Texas. Regardless of what the scuttlebutt says, he is a fair, even tempered, hard working man and, IMO, we could do much worse. As others have said, it is who you know. We are just not used to this level of "who you know." Everyone starts somewhere. Review the Bios here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_of_the_Navy. It is a mixed bag. President elect Obama has been clear he will mix things up a bit so this would seem to do just that.

colkruk951

pilot
Went to school with his younger brother who is also a P-3 pilot. He spoke to our ROTC unit one year and gave a pretty good speech. That's my.02

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
I went through flight school with his younger brother and helped out with his campaign a little. Even did a flight with him in VT-27. He's a good dude.