• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Noise complaints

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I was talking to a congressman in Cherry Point (PRCP) once and asked him to introduce a bill that said, in effect "If you're complaining about the noise from an airport that's been there longer than your house, GO FVCK YOURSELF and you have ZERO right to any compensation".

Still waiting for that to happen.

:D Nice...

hscs

pilot
Harrier dude -- might want to send that suggestion to the Virginia Beach City Council, too.

Unfortunately, you will get the same reaction.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Harrier dude -- might want to send that suggestion to the Virginia Beach City Council, too.

Unfortunately, you will get the same reaction.

I will say it's been nice to see some local backlash against CCAJN (proliferance of "I love jet noise" stickers/signs at businesses/etc.) since my last tour here 6 yrs ago.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Did said congressman reply in kind? :D

Brett

Not really. As soon as he found out I was registered to vote in Texas and not North Carolina he pretty much tuned me out.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what these people expect to happen when they call in noise complaints. Do they really expect anything to happen? Do they think that I, as an ODO, have the power to just suspend flight operations?

I have deliberatley flown as to instigate noise complaints in the past. Namely that a$$hole that lives at the 180 at Bravo field in Meridian. What are they going to do about it? Seriously. If a single A-4 (out of the dozens flying that day) flys over his house, how are they going to prove it was me (or on purpose)? Even if they do, what are they going to do about it? Kick me out? Take away my birthday? What?

If you build your house next to an airport, don't be surprised if you hear airplanes fairly regularly.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
......I have deliberatley flown as to instigate noise complaints in the past. .....Even if they do, what are they going to do about it? Kick me out? Take away my birthday? What?.....
Yeah ... YEAH .... YEAH !!!! What ARE they gonna do, anyway??? Send you on CRUISE !!?? SEND YOU TO THE P.I. ??!! :)

Noise complaints in the P.I. ..... think: > 500 KIAS <50' for effect ..... then pull the nose up smartly when they pass out of view below your windscreen .... the Ugly American was alive and well .... fortunately the local fishermen had no cellular.

temp070smallrh0.jpg
temp074smallyj4.jpg
temp073smalllj0.jpg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Namely that a$$hole that lives at the 180 at Bravo field in Meridian. What are they going to do about it? Seriously. If a single A-4 (out of the dozens flying that day) flys over his house, how are they going to prove it was me (or on purpose)? Even if they do, what are they going to do about it? Kick me out? Take away my birthday? What?

Minor threadjack - Latest news on that guy is that he accused TW-1 of deliberately dumping fuel over his house . . . until he was informed that the T-45 lacks the capacity to dump fuel. Idiot.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Minor threadjack - Latest news on that guy is that he accused TW-1 of deliberately dumping fuel over his house . . . until he was informed that the T-45 lacks the capacity to dump fuel. Idiot.

I hope they save all that stuff up for the next time he tries to sue the Navy. On a lighter note, for those of you who don't fly around Whidbey, there's a guy who has a house at the end of the VR-1350 near the Columbia River, who has painted the words "Fly Navy" on the roof of his barn, and has come around to the NUW airshow to actively solicit fly-bys. That's good times. :D

Brett

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hope they save all that stuff up for the next time he tries to sue the Navy. On a lighter note, for those of you who don't fly around Whidbey, there's a guy who has a house at the end of the VR-1350 near the Columbia River, who has painted the words "Fly Navy" on the roof of his barn, and has come around to the NUW airshow to actively solicit fly-bys. That's good times. :D

Brett

I was ECMO 1 for the last VAQ-128 flight when we flew the 1350, the other two guys were AF, the skipper did not want to fly that day.....:(

Anyways, I took a bunch of pictures (including the one to the left) and I got one of the Fly Navy building. When I was showing it to the other guys after teh flight we noticed that there were some people standing next to the bilding, and one guy is waving! I will have to see if I can post it here when I get home, the resolution is not all that great though since I had only a 3.2 megapixel camera at the time and I barely got the shot right.

Every time I flew over that place it restored a little my faith in the average American. That building must have been buzzed by hundreds, if not thousands, of Prowlers. I am wondering if it was up there for the Intruders too. It is right before you get Boardman, any Intruder guys ever see it?

phrogpilot73

I'm surprised I haven't gotten any noise complaints in the past. When I flew down to Beaufort for an airshow, I boomed down the beachline at about 200 feet... Even came into a 10 foot hover over to water to take pictures of some chicks in bikinis. When I finally got there, I headed to Hilton Head, over flew just about every golf course and home at 200', then flew over Parris Island. When we realized that we were flying over the parade deck at 200' during "sound off" for recruit graduation, we figured it was time to land and shut down. Then next day at the air show, a bunch of parents came by and said that an aircraft just like ours did a fly by... If they only knew...

Carno

Insane
I'm surprised I haven't gotten any noise complaints in the past. When I flew down to Beaufort for an airshow, I boomed down the beachline at about 200 feet... Even came into a 10 foot hover over to water to take pictures of some chicks in bikinis. When I finally got there, I headed to Hilton Head, over flew just about every golf course and home at 200', then flew over Parris Island. When we realized that we were flying over the parade deck at 200' during "sound off" for recruit graduation, we figured it was time to land and shut down. Then next day at the air show, a bunch of parents came by and said that an aircraft just like ours did a fly by... If they only knew...

Haha, nice.